Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] Taskbar not disappearing from non-firefox browser videos on secondary monitors » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2022

maverick man

Posted: 10/29/2020 04:52:17

I have to auto-hide the taskbar or check off "On top" to get the taskbar off in a full screen videos such as on Youtube. VLC player works fine though and the taskbar disappears. This only happens on Chromium-based browsers such as Chrome and Vivaldi. When I try full screen on Firefox, the taskbar goes away. This pertains to the non-primary monitors(2nd and 3rd in my case).

It looks like there is some sort of interaction/coding with the Chromium browser that actualtools can't register the full screen mode. Do you guys know of this bug and could there be a fix?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/30/2020 19:25:49

Hello, maverick man

This is a known problem and it's discussed in this topic.

We’ve investigated the problem and as we can see there is a bug in Chromium (and hence in Chromium-based applications as well) which causes this problem. The problem persists with our taskbars and not with the system taskbars due to differences in implementation of the taskbars.

The available workarounds are disabling the "On top" option in the context menu of the taskbar or enabling the "Autohide" mode.

We'll try to fix the issue at our side, but you can help us to force Google fix the subject issue both by upvoting it and by sending a report via Chrome. Referring this thread in reports is appreciated.

Best regards.

maverick man

Posted: 10/30/2020 23:59:30

Upvoted and submitted report. Hopefully it gets fixed!

Regards,

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register