Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] mouse window activate x-mouse stops working , activate window on mouse hover » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5801

Jeremy Mereness

Posted: 10/05/2020 04:08:52

I use, and really depend on, the activate window on mouse hover feature in the mouse section of AWM settings (Actual Window Manager version 8.14.3), and it usually works great. But with COVID I am often using my PC remotely by Remote Desktop Connection.  Each time I re-connect to the host, the mouse hover feature (i.e., "X-mouse") goes inactive.  

All other AWM features continue to work fine with repeated disconnect/reconnect cycles, but even though the setting still says it's active mouse hover no longer works.  It's necessary to quit AWM and re-start it to get the functionality back.  Is there a way to keep this feature working?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/05/2020 10:07:29

Hello, Jeremy

Thank you for contacting us.

I use, and really depend on, the activate window on mouse hover feature in the mouse section of AWM settings (Actual Window Manager version 8.14.3), and it usually works great. But with COVID I am often using my PC remotely by Remote Desktop Connection.  Each time I re-connect to the host, the mouse hover feature (i.e., "X-mouse") goes inactive.
This is a known problem. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

For now there is no known way to keep the feature working on connection to remote computer. We'll try to see if there is a workaround for this problem and will post here if there's any.

By the way, you don't have to restart the program completely. You can disable the option, hit Apply, then enable the option and hit Apply again – in this case the feature starts working.

Best regards.

Jeremy Mereness

Posted: 10/05/2020 21:16:17

This is a known problem. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

For now there is no known way to keep the feature working on connection to remote computer. We'll try to see if there is a workaround for this problem and will post here if there's any.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Looking very much forward to the fix.

By the way, you don't have to restart the program completely. You can disable the option, hit Apply, then enable the option and hit Apply again – in this case the feature starts working.

I've noticed this, and thanks, but re-starting is quicker :-) than fishing through settings menus.
BTW, I first noticed this feature of AWM because AWM defeated/overrided the X-mouse setting I had rigged by other means (registry hack, WinAero Tweaker, etc.) It may be helpful to know that rigging X-mouse behavior any of these other ways persists just fine, unaffected by disconnects/reconnects over Remote Desktop Connection, but since AWM kinda "takes over" this feature, I'm depending on AWM to behave itself.  
This is an issue because a not-so-great internet connection can cause Remote Desktop to frequently hang, forcing you to disconnect/reconnect the client - all other features of AWM and window placement stay intact upon reconnect, which is pretty great, except X-mouse and thus the required exit/restart.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/09/2020 14:28:23

Jeremy,

The problem has been already fixed. The fix will be available in the next version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.4 which we're going to release soon.

By the way, what version of Windows you're running on the host computer?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/13/2020 03:30:32

Jeremy,

I'm glad to notify you that we finally released the new version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.4 and the fix for this problem is available in this version.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register