Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Window Deactivation » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 31763

Tim Holthuis

Posted: 08/25/2020 03:01:23

Hi guys

I purchased this program mainly for the window deactivation feature. My trail was over before i thoroughly tested it so i decided to buy as i had a feeling this was the sollution to my problem. Countless other options didn't work out..

Anyway as said i purchased this hoping to alt-tab out of fullscreen games and moving over to my second monitor, yet this did not went as hoped.
The two games i tested so far are The Witcher 3 and CoD Warzone. I know for at least The Witcher 3 that playing the game in borderless mode isn't going to work for me as due to lower graphical performance and if that woulnd't be a problem i don't need AMM anyway.

I assigned the hotkey to window deactivation and in The Witcher 3 it does make my mouse go over to the second screen but it minimizes the game when i click on something. In CoD Warzone it does nothing at all. After reading some topics in the forum i kinda came to the conclusion it simply doesn't work for quite a lot of games. OR am i wrong?

I really hope i can get the problem to work as intended otherwise i might have to return the product as it serves no purpuse for me personally.

EDIT: OK so for some reason it just suddenly is working in the witcher!! Not sure what i did to mess it up yesterday but after reassigning the hotkey and do a system restart i can move my cursor out of the game and browse on the second screen! It does make go the mouse out of the game at all times but i guess that's where the mouse lock to screen function comes to play.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/25/2020 23:19:35

Hello, Tim

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, there are games that don't accept the Ignore Deactivation feature correctly.

Ignore Deactivation works with COD Warzone, but it requires to adjust the AMM settings in particular way. Initially the exclusion is applied to the main game window, as it doesn’t have caption. You need to create specific settings for the main game window so that the window is affected by our program. Open the Log window of AMM (AMM tray icon context menu > Show Log Window), then enable logging in the window. Start the Warzone game. You should see the same log entries as on the attached screenshot. The selected one is the main window. Right click it and select “Create new specific settings”. Finish creating the specific settings. From this moment the Ignore Deactivation feature should work for the game as you try to apply it.

As for The Witcher 3 – I'll test the feature with this game and let you know about the results.

Best regards.

Tim Holthuis

Posted: 08/26/2020 15:57:19

For some reason it isn't working again today in The Witcher 3.. very strange.
Changed it to specific Setting because i thought the hotkey was causing the issue but it not consistent in working. It does sometimes but not always.

I just did a 2 hour session and everything is working great. Getting it to work is something else though

For Warzone the log didn't work (it did for the witcher). I selected the window in borderless mode, confirmed everything was ok in the screenshot you provided. AMM did not work unfortunately.. i will try again tomorrow.

Tim Holthuis

Posted: 08/27/2020 17:18:59

Tried again today and the log is not recognizing Warzone windows.
TW3 is working fine so far.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/31/2020 07:21:44

Tim,

We'll check it a little bit later. Maybe, there was an update of the game and something changed.

Or maybe you start CoD Warzone with elevated rights (UAC dialogue window usually appears in this case)?

Best regards.

Tim Holthuis

Posted: 08/31/2020 16:35:24

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Tim,

We'll check it a little bit later. Maybe, there was an update of the game and something changed.

Or maybe you start CoD Warzone with elevated rights (UAC dialogue window usually appears in this case)?

Best regards.

I wil await your findings. I do not use elevated rights.
The game gets updated all the time, hard to keep up :P

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/03/2020 16:52:10

Tim,

As we can see, the game is affected by our software and it's displayed in the log.

Please check whether the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" option was enabled during the installation of AMM: make sure that Default Settings are enabled in the AMM configuration module, start the Registry Editor application (press Win+R, then type regedit in the "Run" window, press Enter) and see whether its window is affected by our software (whether it has the additional title buttons or window menu items, or it is displayed in the log window).

If the Registry Editor window is not affected, then reinstall AMM and enable the "Support system utilities..." option during the installation. Your AMM configuration won't be affected.

See whether a new entry for the game starts to appear in the log after enabling the option (like on the screenshot attached to my first reply to you). If it does, then create specific settings for the main game window, like it's described in the same reply.

Let us know the results.

Tim Holthuis

Posted: 09/07/2020 03:17:35

Thank you Bogdan it worked perfectly.

Tim Holthuis

Posted: 09/07/2020 22:58:56

Any info on how to handle games launched from steam? The log is only showing me the steam.exe windows..  :|

N

Posted: 09/29/2020 12:37:31

Tim Holthuis wrote:
Any info on how to handle games launched from steam? The log is only showing me the steam.exe windows..  :|

I have the same exact issue. I reinstalled my windows and I have 1909 version now,deactivation doesn't work in ANY game. I even tried using different drivers for nvidia,nothing helped. Ignore deact. works for chrome and such windows but for ACTUAL stuff I need,it doesn't. It literally worked a month ago.
Games I tested on: CSGO,Hitman,Metro,The Crew 2 (with steam overlay). Whenever I open these games,it doesn't detect them in log at all,just the steam. Wth happened? :(

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register