Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Question about Search bar and icon on secondary monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 17653

Lilei Ei

Posted: 08/18/2020 11:42:49

I'm using 64-Bit windows 10 with Actual Multiple Monitors 8.1

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to make the Search icon in the taskbar of a secondary monitor look the same as it does on the primary monitor? The taskbars are set as individual, but I want the Search icon to look the same on both. Right now it shows a whole search box on the primary monitor but the secondary monitor only has the small magnifying glass icon. Is there a way to show the full search box on the secondary monitor? Attached is a screenshot of what I want it to look like, and what it currently looks like.

Edit:

I also have one more question, is there a way to set it so a specific app in the system tray opens on my secondary monitor when I click it? right now when I click it it always opens on the main monitor, even if I click the icon on the secondary monitor.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/19/2020 04:55:17

Hello, Lilei

Thank you for contacting us.

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to make the Search icon in the taskbar of a secondary monitor look the same as it does on the primary monitor?
Unfortunately, for now there is no way to do this. We'll consider this as a feature request and will post here if it's implemented.

I also have one more question, is there a way to set it so a specific app in the system tray opens on my secondary monitor when I click it?
Do you use the "Move to monitor > having mouse pointer" action at startup in AMM Specific Settings for these apps? You can set it here: AMM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > specific settings for particular application > Startup > Move to monitor - having mouse pointer.

You can learn about how to create specific settings for particular application on this page of our online manual.

If windows are still not moved to the monitor despite the "Move to monitor" option is set correctly, then specify the applications you have this problem with (name, version).

Best regards.

Lilei Ei

Posted: 08/19/2020 06:02:32

Thank you for the thorough response! I tried applying the settings you suggested, and they worked once. When I clicked the icon again the application window once again opened on my main monitor, instead of the secondary monitor. If I made any change to the setting and reapplied it, the window would open on the second monitor again, but only once. The application is Ear Trumpet, the newest version. Thank you!!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/24/2020 06:57:57

Lilei,

I tried applying the settings you suggested, and they worked once. When I clicked the icon again the application window once again opened on my main monitor, instead of the secondary monitor.
This is because the EarTrumpet window doesn't really close and open, but it hides and appears instead. If you want to open it always on the secondary monitor, you could use the Restrict Placement option - it works with the EarTrumpet window. But it's available in our other products - our main Actual Window Manager product, which combines all the features presented in our other products, and in Actual Window Guard product. But we don't recommend running several our products at the same time due to possible unwanted effects.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register