Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] chrome windows not showing in main screen taskbar , chrome windows not showing in main screen taskbar » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8398

Dani Patrucic

Posted: 04/17/2020 19:44:04

hello
using amm, and have setup of two displays
in amm windows settings -> default settgins -> startup --> at window startup
i have checked options 'Move to monitor' and 'Having mouse pointer',
when i run chrome cases:
1. have none run on main screen and none on 2nd screen and try to run on main screen with pointer there
2. have few chrome windows run on 2nd screen but none on main screen and try to run on main screen with pointer there

chrome window opens but it doesnt show in taskbar even after i minimize it, only if i move it to 2nd screen and then back, so happened to me many times that i have running chrome windows in background im not even aware of.

screenshot attached

sorry if double posted couldnt find solution, thank you

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/17/2020 22:00:49

Dani,

When posting a bug report or requesting a help with any particular issue, please specify the following details:
  • name and version of the Actual Tools product that you have a problem with (e.g. Actual Multiple Monitors 8.14.3)

• version of your Windows (10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.)

• edition of your Windows (32-bit or 64-bit)

• name and version of the 3rd party program, in case you have a problem with some particular software (e.g. Google Chrome 81.0)

Dani Patrucic

Posted: 04/17/2020 22:38:37

- actual multiple monitos 8.14.3
- win 10 pro, ver 1909, build 18363.778
- win 64
- google chrome Version 80.0.3987.163

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/20/2020 16:28:28

Hello, Dani

Thank you for contacting us.

The problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

For now, as workaround, you can enable the "Compatibility mode" option for "Block premature appearance of window" in specific settings for Chrome (AMM configuration window > Window Settings > Specific Settings > specific settings for Google Chrome > Startup > Block premature appearance of window). Or you can disable the "Block premature appearance of window" option completely. Or you can use Actual Multiple Monitors taskbar instead of the system taskbar (AMM configuration window > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Replace the system taskbar).

Also, the taskbar button should appear once you maximize the window on the main monitor. Could you please try and confirm this?

Best regards.

Dani Patrucic

Posted: 04/21/2020 22:47:07

thank you for confirmation and providing workaround :)

yea, i can confirm once i maximized chrome on main monitor, taskbar button appear, and every time i open new chrome, it appears too (this is confirmed for case when chrome is already opened on 2nd screen)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register