Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] About program window is too wide on non primary monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6503

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 03/31/2020 02:48:07

Hello,

I have another issue with the latest AMM 8.14.3 .
When I set my external monitor as main (primary) and then on my laptop I try open About program window, it opens wide window through both monitors. On external monitor as primary this about window is OK.
I have Windows 7 PRO x64bit.
User added an image

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/06/2020 21:54:41

Hello, Petr

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Could you send your current AMM configuration to bogdan@actualtools.com?

Does the problem happen on any of two monitors before you set external monitor as primary?

Does the width of the "About" window depend on where the main configuration window is placed on the laptop monitor? If you drag it even further to the left, partially beyond the monitor's border - will the width stay the same or it will be increased even more?

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 04/07/2020 06:01:16

Yes, it only happens, when I have set external monitor as default and open AMM Configuration panel on laptop monitor (non-default in this situation) .
Configuration file I sent you to your email.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/08/2020 23:53:15

Petr,

I'm still unable to reproduce the problem.

Does the width of the "About" window depend on where the main configuration window is placed on the laptop monitor? If you drag it even further to the left, partially beyond the monitor's border before opening the "About" window - will the width stay the same or it will be increased even more?

Could you also temporarily switch to the standard Windows 7 Aero theme from this custom theme and see whether the problem persists?

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 04/10/2020 02:33:02

Yes, if I move Configuration window more to the left side, About window is wider than if I have Config. window on the right side. Still is on both monitors.

On classic Windows 7 Aero theme I have same issue.
User added an image

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/10/2020 04:27:05

Petr,

The problem has been confirmed. It happens when you open the About window in the Steam version of AMM on the left of the primary monitor. You can put the external monitor to the left when the laptop monitor is the main and you'll see the same problem.

We'll try to fix it and will notify you when it's fixed.

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 04/12/2020 03:21:56

Yes, confirmed same issue. When I put external monitor on left side and then try About window on it, it wider again Link to the image .

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/13/2020 01:10:47

Hello, Petr

You wrote:
I have another issue with the latest AMM 8.14.3 .
When I set my external monitor as main (primary) and then on my laptop I try open About program window, it opens wide window through both monitors. On external monitor as primary this about window is OK.

I'm glad to notify you that the the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Multiple Monitors 8.14.4 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version, install it manually and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register