Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «overlapping issue , some buttons » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10569

Goodness

Posted: 03/13/2020 14:08:48

i am having issues with main programs overlapping with their scondary windows and i can fix this by disabling AWM.  it is making your program unusable.  for example:
_Telegram media (pics/vids) open up behind the main app and i cannot bring them to the front (this was fixed by adding media window to exclusions)
_DaVinci Resolve context menus (often) show up behind the app

i have no global settings at all. i only use AWM to modify the minimum size of specific Windows (nothing regarding telegram and DaVinci Resolve though). where to check if i have something that may be causing this?
Windows10
AWM 8.14.3

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/13/2020 22:53:42

Hello, Goodness

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Aslo please specify the versions of Telegram and DaVinci Resolve you're running.

Best regards.

Goodness

Posted: 03/15/2020 14:42:35

i already sent the email.  now i also added FireFox in "specific settings".  i was having issues with menus and such until i disabled "fix minimal size".  i doubt that this is related to the same issues regarding Telegram and DaVinci Resolve
for Davinci Resolve issue really happens at random and i dont have it in any specific settings.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/19/2020 03:50:33

Goodness,

I was able to confirm the problem with Telegram. It happens when AWM settings (Default Settings or Specific Settings) with enabled "Stay always-on-top" title button applies to the Telegram Media window and if the "Freeze" option is enabled for this title button.

This is exactly how Default Settings are adjusted in your configuration. But I had to enable Default Settings to reproduce the problem as they were disabled in your configuration.

Do you need the Freeze option to be enabled for the "Stay always-on-top" title button in Default Settings? You can just disable this option to avoid the problem.

Does the problem with DaVinci Resolve happen even after you've disabled Default Settings?

i already sent the email.  now i also added FireFox in "specific settings".  i was having issues with menus and such until i disabled "fix minimal size".
Could you describe this problem more detailed?

Best regards.

Goodness

Posted: 03/20/2020 02:43:49

To: Bogdan Polishchuk

setting a minimal size for FireFox breaks it.  Firefox has many types of menus and these menus seem to have a fixed size (to some degree) and forcing it to be bigger or smaller apparently makes FireFox freeze.  i fixed this by unchecking "Fix minimal size to".

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register