Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Firefox window border glitches , Firefox 72.0.1 (64-bit) with AWM 8.14.3 on Windows 10 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6666

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 01/09/2020 21:47:39

I make extensive use of right-clicking the window border to 'snap' it to the edge of the screen, but recently on switching to Firefox as my main browser, I noticed it simply doesn't work.

I'm also using AWM 'classic' snap, and if I drag the right edge of the FF window to the right edge of the screen, I can't them move it back again—I never get the 'resize' mouse cursor and so have to move the whole window first to make it smaller again.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/15/2020 12:32:03

Hello, David

Thank you for contacting us.

Both problems have been confirmed. We'll try to fix them and will post in this topic when they're fixed.

As for the problem with resize of Firefox by the right border: as workaround you can enable the Restrict Placement feature in AWM specific settings for Firefox (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > specific settings for Firefox > Position > Restrict Placement). Leave 0 pixels everywhere except Right - specify 1 pixel for the Right limit. In this case Firefox right border won't be hidden beyond the desktop area as you snap the window.

Best regartds.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 01/15/2020 15:59:35

Thanks. The workaround is good, apart from the fact I have a multi-monitor setup, and so as soon as I drag the right hand side of the FF window to the right edge of monitor 2, the left-hand edge of the window jumps by one pixel onto monitor 1! And sometimes (not every time, not sure why), the window continues to grow one pixel at a time onto the left monitor 1—I guess in the process of being restricted, the window grows by a pixel before the placement restriction is enforced, and so now it has to move left to avoid shrinking.

Anyway, it will be fine until a fix is available. Thanks for the response.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/13/2020 01:46:04

Hello, David

You wrote:
I make extensive use of right-clicking the window border to 'snap' it to the edge of the screen, but recently on switching to Firefox as my main browser, I noticed it simply doesn't work.

I'm also using AWM 'classic' snap, and if I drag the right edge of the FF window to the right edge of the screen, I can't them move it back again—I never get the 'resize' mouse cursor and so have to move the whole window first to make it smaller again.

I'm glad to notify you that the both subject issues have been fixed and the fixes are available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.4 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register