Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Longer shutdown W7 with AMM » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 12542

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 12/27/2019 23:53:46

Hello,

sorry for another topic with issue, but I have SSD (WD Blue 500GB) on my laptop and when I try shutdown or logoff system (W7 PRO x64bit) , it takes some time on desktop (4-5 seconds) , then show empty table with waiting for close all programs (1 second) (this one https://elgwhoppo.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/force.png ) and then restart or logoff.

Without AMM restart or logoff is immediately.

Can you confirmed this “issue“ too? If you need my config file I posted you in yesterday topic about Steam.

I have the latest AMM 8.14.2 .

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 12/29/2019 04:20:42

Ok today I updated on 8.14.3 and this issue is maybe fixed now.
EDIT: Hm after first restart it takes longer shutdown time again :-/ .

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/14/2020 06:31:30

Hello, Petr

Sorry for the delay in replying. We had a break due to holidays.

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Are there any open windows in the system when you restart or log off? Does the problem persist if you close all windows before restarting/logging off?

What applications you're running in background? Some of them may have icons in tray area. For example, from your other topic I know that you're running Steam.

Does the problem persist if you close all the applications running in background (except AMM) before restarting/logging off?

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 01/15/2020 02:15:44

The problem is very often when I shuttings down PC without plugged external monitor. With external monitor shutting is in 99% faster. So persist is only without pluged external monitor yes.

I usually turning off my laptop without any started app (Steam, browser, etc. ) .

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/22/2020 01:06:09

Petr,

What is the model of your laptop?

Could you provide your laptop specifications – the CPU and graphics card models, RAM size?

What interface you use to connect the external monitor (HDMI, DVI etc.)?

Could you also create two .txt files containing the lists of the processes running in your system just before you're about to restart the system for two situations: when the external monitor is connected and when it's not.

To create a file with the list of the processes follow these steps:
1. Open the Command Prompt window (press Win-R, then type cmd and click OK)
2. Copy and paste the following command into the Command Prompt window and press Enter:
tasklist /svc /fo TABLE /nh >"%UserProfile%\Desktop\TaskList.txt"
3. Find the "TaskList.txt" text document (or simply "TaskList" if your system does not display file extensions) on your Desktop.

Send the files to bogdan@actualtools.com.

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 01/22/2020 12:59:33

I have Lenovo Y50-70 (20378) with Core i5 4210H and GPU Nvidia GTX960M 4GB, 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD WD Blue.

External monitor I have plugged via HDMI (BenQ BL2283 21,5") .

Files I sent to your email.

Thank you in advance.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/31/2020 06:24:36

Petr,

There are almost no difference between the process lists. Did you create them during the same Windows session? Could you create the same lists but when you naturally come to these situations where you're about to turn off the laptop (or reset, or log off) when the monitor is connected and when it's not.

Could you describe how you usually plug/unplug the monitor – do you plug/unplug it only when the laptop is turned off or you hot-plug the monitor without turning off the laptop?

Do the Windows sessions differ in any way when you use the external monitor and when you don't, for example you're running some special software in one case and you're not running it in the other?

Could you also enable the option "Collect usage statistics" (AMM configuration module > Options > General > Collect usage statistics), reproduce the situation where the monitor is not plugged and turn off the laptop. Make sure the delay problem happens this time. Then send your AMM configuration files to bogdan@actualtoos.com using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support).

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 02/01/2020 01:38:09

Yes, I created these files in the same session. So ok, I will create them on two sessisons (first with monitor and second without it) .

I unplug external monitor with WIN + P menu and then unplug from the laptop. And plug in on hot plug (on started system) .

Only special software I have only AMM (and Miranda IM) , but nothing else special.

So after enable Send usage statistic and turn off the laptop with longer shutdown, I will send you config file via Send to Tech Support button.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/25/2020 14:45:17

Hello, Petr

Sorry for the delay.

We analyzed the files you've sent and unfortunately we still haven't figured out what causes the problem.

Could you try to disable the following features one by one and see whether the problem still persists after disabling each one of them, before disasbling another: "Bind the layout to the desktop geometry" (AMM configuration module > Layout and Snap > Windows Layout > Bind the layout...). Then "Multi-monitor taskbar" (AMM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Multi-monitor taskbar). Then "Default Settings" (AMM configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings). Let us know the results.

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 03/30/2020 01:24:29

Sorry for later reply too.

I did reinstall the system and this fixed the issue. If I will have this problem again, I will try your tip in the last answer.

Now what I still solving, is the problem with the icons position after set primary monitor, this topic here https://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=10&TID=5357 .

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register