Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Search box loses focus with Tabbed Explorer enabled » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8577

wysiwyg

Posted: 12/06/2019 11:55:18

Using Actual Window Manager 8.14.2 on Windows 10.0.18363 (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit)

When the Tabbed Explorer option is enabled, clicking in the search box of any Windows Explorer window has the effect of the search box losing focus after a few hundred milliseconds (and the whole Windows Explorer window briefly loses focus as well). I essentially cannot use the search box when Tabbed Explorer is enabled.

If I open a Windows Explorer window with the option disabled, then enable it and apply, the behavior is different: the search box doesn't lose focus, but is drawn a second time at an offset (see attached). Closing the window and reopening returns to the above described behavior.

This behavior described in the first paragraph was happening with a the version of Actual Window Manager I used previously and I just paid to upgrade thinking it was due to an incompatibility with a recent Windows Update, but it is still happening since upgrading to v8.14.2.

Please advise about any troubleshooting steps I can do to resolve the issue.

Max

Posted: 12/06/2019 15:14:11

You can't at the moment. This is a known problem and work on a fix is in progress.

We have to wait for a fix...

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/06/2019 20:57:17

Hi everyone

wysiwyg,

Max is right, this is a known problem and we're working on the fix. We'll post in this topic when the problem is fixed.

Also, the problem with duplicated "Search Quick access" text only remains for the windows, that were put into the Tabbed Explorer before you disabled the feature. It should not persist in the newly opened explorer windows, if the feature is disabled. If you still see the problem, restart Actual Window Manager and Windows Explorer, it should go away.

Best regards.

wysiwyg

Posted: 12/07/2019 06:55:34

Thank you for the replies, Max and Bogdan.

I will wait for an update and subscribe to the other threads as well.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/31/2019 23:01:27

Hello, wysiwyg

You wrote:
When the Tabbed Explorer option is enabled, clicking in the search box of any Windows Explorer window has the effect of the search box losing focus

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.3 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register