New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 20
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AWM Disconnected Displays Not Reconnecting , Problems switching from 2 Monitor to 4 Monitor Profiles » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 41859

Geoff Smith

Posted: 12/10/2019 03:29:17

The image in the previous post is a 6 monitor profile with all screens enabled, yet they are absent from the 'Desktop Profile'.
If I make a new profile, the screens appear in the new profile (image attached).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/11/2019 09:47:02

Geoff,

I did have a profile that enabled all monitors set to start automatically with windows, however this did not work, i.e. it would show as enabled, but the monitors would not all come on.
Could you reproduce this problem and see whether it's possible to enable all monitors via AMM tray icon context menu > Manage Secondary > Enable all secondary monitors?

Yes the configuration module - 'Multiple Monitors->Monitor Layout & Settings'
The monitors are enabled and visible in the windows display setting, but not visible in AMM.
Have you noticed after what events this happens? Does it happen when you enable previously disabled monitors while the configuration module stays open? Could you when this happens close the configuration module and then open it again? Are the same monitors still not displayed in this section? If yes, then send us AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic to the email.

If I switch off PC without enabling all monitors, then from that point forward the 'Desktop Profiles' the monitors disappear from the 'Desktop Profile' GUI.
Could you try to activate the profiles via the configuration module when there are no monitors displayed in the profiles settings (6 mon and some other profiles). Is it possible to activate them despite the monitors are not displayed?

Also please create and adjust at least two profiles (6 mon and some other with several monitors disabled) the same way you created them before. Then send us AMM configuration files using the "Send to Tech Support" tool for the following three situations:

1) Make sure that all six monitors are enabled in the display settings. Close the configuration module and open it again. Send the configuration.

2) Then activate the profile where some monitors are disabled. Close the configuration module and open it again. Send the configuration.

3) Reboot the system with these monitors disabled, so that all the monitors disappear from Desktop Profiles settings. Open the configuration module and send the configuration again.

Best regards.

Geoff Smith

Posted: 12/11/2019 20:04:09

Hi Bogdan,

Could you reproduce this problem and see whether it's possible to enable all monitors via AMM tray icon context menu > Manage Secondary > Enable all secondary monitors?
I tried this, and yes the 'Enable All Monitors' command worked, but the layout did not correspond to the active profile.

Could you try to activate the profiles via the configuration module when there are no monitors displayed in the profiles settings (6 mon and some other profiles). Is it possible to activate them despite the monitors are not displayed?
Yes, this is how I have using AMM recently. The monitor activate and position as expected, even when they are not visible in the saved profile.

I will follow up shortly on the other items.

Thanks

Geoff Smith

Posted: 12/11/2019 20:17:28

Have you noticed after what events this happens? Does it happen when you enable previously disabled monitors while the configuration module stays open?

Yes, this is correct.
Could you when this happens close the configuration module and then open it again? Are the same monitors still not displayed in this section? If yes, then send us AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic to the email.
Ok I did this and after reloading the configuration module, the missing monitors reappeared in the desktop profile

Geoff Smith

Posted: 12/11/2019 20:21:57

Also please create and adjust at least two profiles (6 mon and some other with several monitors disabled) the same way you created them before. Then send us AMM configuration files using the "Send to Tech Support" tool for the following three situations:

1) Make sure that all six monitors are enabled in the display settings. Close the configuration module and open it again. Send the configuration.

2) Then activate the profile where some monitors are disabled. Close the configuration module and open it again. Send the configuration.

3) Reboot the system with these monitors disabled, so that all the monitors disappear from Desktop Profiles settings. Open the configuration module and send the configuration again.

I have done as instructed and sent the configuration files.

Geoff Smith

Posted: 01/10/2020 13:58:13

Hi Bogdan,
Were the files I sent to you adequate for your purposes?
Can you suggest any other changes that I can make at my end to help resolve this issue?
Thanks

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/20/2020 20:33:21

Geoff,

Yes, the files you've sent were helpful, thank you. We're in process of investigating the problem now.

Could you also do the following: make sure that all monitors are enabled. If needed, enable them in the display settings (no matter Windows or AMM) and restart the system. After restart open Windows display settings and AMM display settings (AMM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Monitors layout and settings) and see whether the numbers of the monitors match in both. In Windows display settings disable three monitors with numbers from the beginning of the "list", for example 1,2 and 3, or 2,3 and 4. Then restart the system and see whether both disabled and enabled monitors retain their numbers in the Windows display settings after restart. Also, open AMM configuration module and see whether the monitors numbering match the Windows display settings monitors numbering.

Best regards.

Geoff Smith

Posted: 01/21/2020 18:03:13

Ok, great, thanks for the update.

I performed the tests as requested, the numbering in AMM & Windows Display Settings remained consistent throughout.

Thanks

Keith Jenkinson

Posted: 02/09/2020 00:14:06

Apologies for the long delay, I have had major RAID issues.
Bogdan, to answer your question from December 10th:- If I set all monitors to Landscape, I can switch between the profiles OK and the screens are all enabled. If I have one screen set to Portrait, it does not get enabled. If I then enable the screen via windows display manager it connects OK and everything apears OK aside from the backgrounds. However, if I then hit apply on the "4 Screens" profile again, the screen layout becomes jumbled. Instead of the screens being roughly in a horizontal line 2 of them are placed one on top of the other.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/17/2020 22:25:34

Hello, Keith

Do the problems you've previously mentioned still persist – i mean where you weren't able to activate the desktop profile after restart of the system at all, then the problem where the monitors disappeared from the desktop profiles in the configuration module and the problem with background pictures? What is the status of all these problems?

If I have one screen set to Portrait, it does not get enabled.
This problem has been confirmed and it seems to depend on whether the portrait mode monitor is primary in the profile or not. Could you try to create the same profile with 4 screens but make other monitor primary and see whether the profile is activated correctly.

From your email:
If I try to use the monitors layouts and settings option in AWM to activate the display, the monitor layouts get messed up & the portrait monitor switches to landscape.
Could you clarify what you mean by "monitor layouts get messed up"? Do you specify the display settings including "Display Orientation - 90 CCW" when trying to enable the monitor via AWM configuration window?

From your email:
Before the update, the monitor positions would always get messed up & portrait mode was always lost after switching (and reconnecting the monitors).
Do you mean this happened when you tried to enable the monitor via Windows display settings previously?

If I then enable the screen via windows display manager it connects OK and everything apears OK aside from the backgrounds.
Could you describe the problem with backgrounds more detailed? Are you talking about the same backgrounds problem you've reported before? As I can see from the video, the background appears on the portrait monitor when you enable it.

However, if I then hit apply on the "4 Screens" profile again, the screen layout becomes jumbled. Instead of the screens being roughly in a horizontal line 2 of them are placed one on top of the other.
Is this displayed in the "Monitors layout and settings" section when it happens? You need to reopen the configuration module to make sure. If it is, then could you send us a screenshot of the "jumbled" layout?

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 20 of 20
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register