Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «chrome suggests uninstalling AMM » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6368

Bruce

Posted: 07/25/2019 17:21:35

when I use chrome canary it gives a warning that AMM will cause problems and that I should uninstall it. is this a known problem ? has been happening for the last month or so

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/27/2019 00:30:10

Hello, Bruce

This is a part of the Chrome feature that prevents third party software from injecting into Chrome's processes, as in some cases it causes stability issues.

Basically, Chrome warns about all injected software and the pieces of software not neccesarily cause any problems. Our software utilizes this type of software injection, hence you get this warning.

When do you see this warning: when you manually navigate to the chrome://settings/incompatibleApplications page, or at Chrome startup?

Best regards.

Bruce

Posted: 07/30/2019 15:47:33

Chrome startup, but not every time.

chrome crashes a lot recently, since the warnings started. so was wondering if they're related

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/31/2019 03:31:27

Bruce,

As far as I know, Chrome doesn't determine precisely the software which causes Chrome to crash and just shows all the injected software after Chrome has crashed as a possible reason.

How often does Chrome crash?

Have you noticed any pattern of what precedes Chome crash?

Are you able to temporarily not run Actual Multiple Monitors (exit completely) and see whether Chrome still crashes?

Do you have any other software in the warning list?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register