Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] AWM kills Notepad » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5863

tcebob

Posted: 07/11/2019 21:50:38

Win 10 1903 64
AWM 8.14

For some reason, Notepad will not run when AWM is active. The window appears but is inoperable and shows the black band on the upper right. When clicked it allows me to close it. I'd like to include it in the Exclusions but I can't get the window information because it has changed with the failure. When AWM is not running Notepad runs fine.

I believe this is a bug in AWM and hope it gets fixed soon. Meanwhile, how can I exclude it?

PS An older notepad.exe from XP does work

tcebob

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/11/2019 22:05:39

Hello, tcebob

This problem has been fixed in the latest version 8.14.1.

The problem was caused by the problem in Windows update and we've implemented the solution for the problem.

If you for some reason need to use version 8.14, it's enough to disable the extra title button in Notepad in order for the problem to stop appearing. So, as workaround, you can create specific settings for Notepad, go to Title Buttons section and disable all the buttons, and the problem will stop.

Best regards.

tcebob

Posted: 07/12/2019 01:59:01

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I downloaded and installed 8.14.1 but there was no change. Should I have completely uninstalled the previous version?

I can't create specific settings for Notepad because there is no active window to click on. The disabled window does not produce a usable reference.

... Later: I followed the upgrade instructions in Support and it worked! Apparently the download page says 8.14.1 but the actual download is 8.14.0.

Problem is solved.

tcebob

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/12/2019 17:11:34

tcebob,

Apparently the download page says 8.14.1 but the actual download is 8.14.0.
Could you tell where exactly you've seen this and provide a link? As we can see version numbers are specified correctly for installation files on the download pages of our site.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register