Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Save Idle Screen remains activated after monitor wakes up from sleep » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3893

Pitak Phichitsurakij

Posted: 05/31/2019 18:51:45

Software: AWM 8.14

Last night before going to bed, I used the hotkey to activate Idle screen saver.

This morning, the monitor was in sleep mode. The screen saver was displayed after I moved my mouse to wake up the monitor. However, when I pressed the hotkey to disable the idle screen saver, it remained on the screen. Pressing the hotkey again resulted in the mouse pointer turning to a waiting icon for a second, hinting that it was activating the idle screen saver again. So I pressed the hotkey one final time to make sure I disable it.

No keypress or mouse movement or clicks would remove the screen saver. Pressing the window key on the keyboard showed the taskbar and start menu at the bottom of the screen, but running anything didn't display the window. I have to restart the PC to bring everything back to normal.

I'll try running it again tonight to see whether I can reproduce the same problem.
My default screen saver is ribbons (2 minutes) and the monitor sleeps after 15 minutes.

Windows 10 Home Edition v.1903 OS_Build:18362.145
Single G-Sync Monitor
RAM:32GB, GTX1080 on Display Port

Pitak Phichitsurakij

Posted: 06/01/2019 05:59:22

I just woke up and it works properly this time.

Last night I noticed the screen saver settings in AWM looked strange. The "screen saver" selected under the monitor for both "Multiple monitors" > "Screen saver" and "Save screen saver" is empty. I have to re-select ribbons from the drop-down menu again and re-apply for both instances. I guess that my windows 10 update to 1903 the other day messed with these settings.

If this issue happens to resurface, I'll post again.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/08/2019 02:28:40

Pitak,

I was unable to reproduce the problem. Let us know if it happens again.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register