New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Screen and mouse pointer lags after changing refresh rate » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 36935

Pitak Phichitsurakij

Posted: 05/22/2019 11:33:41

I'm testing the trial version of AWM v8.14.

I'm using an auto-refresh rate changer whenever I watch a video on MPC-HC. Whenever the refresh rate is changed, the screen and mouse pointer lags and freezes for about 3-5 seconds before becoming smooth again. This happens at the beginning of the video and then at the end when the refresh rate is changed back to the default setting.

Disabling AWM fixes this issue. Is there a setting somewhere where I can disable some features that cause this? Adding MPC-HC to the exclusions list doesn't seem to help.

Windows 10 Home Edition v.1809 OS:17763.503
RAM 32GB
GTX1080 on Display Port

Pitak Phichitsurakij

Posted: 05/22/2019 12:47:42

Post deleted. The above problem remains.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/24/2019 02:18:37

Hello, Pitak

I'm using an auto-refresh rate changer whenever I watch a video on MPC-HC.
Are you talking about the "Use autochange fullscreen monitor mode" option of MPC-HC?

What value does the refresh rate change to when you start a video?

Does the screen resolution change as well or it stays the same?

Do you use Actual Window Manager taskbars? Could you disable the feature and see whether this helps (AWM configuraton module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Multi-monitor taskbar)?

Best regards.

Pitak Phichitsurakij

Posted: 05/24/2019 10:08:41

I'm using the "display modes" feature on Madvr (video renderer). This is the same as "use autochange fullscreen monitor mode" on MPC-HC.

My default display is set to 1920*1080 144hz. When the video is played, the screen mode is changed to 1920*1080 120hz (or 100hz) depending on the video file.

The resolution stays the same. I'm using a single monitor BTW.

I don't have to play a video to cause this lag. Simply trying to change the refresh rate in the Nvidia control panel has the same 3-5s lag effect.

I'm not using the Actual Window Manager taskbars. I've tried to disable almost all features on AWM, only leaving the software running. This does not seem to fix the problem.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/27/2019 17:39:10

Pitak,

Could you open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc combination), reproduce the issue and see whether any processes have the increased values of the CPU and Memory parameters (in Windows 8 and 10 - the Details tab) when the mouse pointer lags and freezes. Let us know the results.

Could you also send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Change the "To..." email address to bogdan@actualtools.com in the email.

Best regards.

Pitak Phichitsurakij

Posted: 05/27/2019 18:08:04

During the lag, the screen freezes and then after a few seconds, the following processes jump up from 01 to about 05-07 (CPU) for a second.

ActualWindowManagerCenter.exe
NVDisplay.Container.exe

Configuration files sent to the specified email address.

Pitak Phichitsurakij

Posted: 05/27/2019 18:43:07

I managed to reduce the lag by terminating a software called "FixMouseLMB" which I'm using to fix the left mouse button auto-double-clicking when clicked.

The lag is still there but instead of 3s of severe freezes and lag, now I got a mild 3s of lag. The mouse pointer responds more fluidly but the lag is still noticeable.

I can accept this, but if you can completely eliminate the lag it will be awesome.

Please be notified that if AWM is disabled, the symptom ceases to exist whether "FixMouseLMB" is running or not.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/28/2019 19:45:42

Pitak,

Could you create an exclusion for the process NVDisplay.Container.exe in AWM and see whether it helps? Go to AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Exclusions. Click the icon "Add a new exclusion" with the green plus sign. Then in the created exclusion type NVDisplay.Container.exe into the Program text field. Hit apply. Let us know the results.

Best regards.

Pitak Phichitsurakij

Posted: 05/28/2019 19:59:07

I've added the file to the exclusions list. Result: no difference, lag is still present.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/29/2019 16:21:17

Pitak,

We've somewhat managed to reproduce the problem: what we can see on one of our computers is that mouse clicks don't work for about 3 seconds from clicking the Apply button when changing the screen refresh rate when Actual Window Manager is running. And when AWM is not started it takes only 1 second for the mouse to work (the time during which the screens blink).

Could you tell how exactly the problem manifests itself in your case? Does the mouse movement lag? Do mouse clicks work with some delay or they don't work at all?

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 3, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register