Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] New version is crashing Windows Explorer » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11137

Dirk Durka

Posted: 05/21/2019 13:51:56

Ever since updating to 8.14 a little while ago, Windows Explorer keeps crashing. Using Windows 8.1. How do I revert?

Dirk Durka

Posted: 05/22/2019 04:51:29

Sorry, the product I'm using is Actual Window Manager

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/25/2019 04:03:39

Hello, Dirk

Could you provide some additional information about the problem?

How often does Windows explorer crash when Actual Window Manager is running?

Are the crashes associated with any events or actions in the system or they happen randomly?

Does the problem depend on whether the Tabbed Explorer feature is enabled (AWM configuration module > Files and Folders > Tabbed Explorer > Group Explorer windows...)?

Could you download this EnableLocalMinidumps.reg file and execute it – this will enable the crash dump files creation. Then reproduce the explorer crash or wait until it crashes again, then go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps folder, find the most recently created file and send it to bogdan@actualtools.com.

As for reverting to the previous version, you can just download the installation file of the version you ran before the update and install it over the version 8.14. Disable the "Check for Updates > Automatically" option to avoid updating to 8.14 (AWM configuration module > Options > Check for Updates > Automatically).

But if the problem doesn't disturb you too much and it is not something you can't live with, could you first send us the dump file and maybe keep this version for some time to let us try to figure out what causes this problem and hopefuly fix it.

Best regards.

Peter Babashoff

Posted: 02/23/2021 00:43:32

Hello,

I just installed the newest version last week or so and now File Explorer is crashing when I used Tabbed Explorer and try to add the 2nd tab. I am using Version 8.14.5. The prior version did not have this problem.

Best Regards,

Petr

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/28/2021 11:33:55

Hello, Peter

Thank you for contacting us.

This is a known problem. We'll try to fix it as soon as possible and will post here when the fix is available.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/26/2021 11:11:19

Hello, everyone

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue with Tabbed Explorer has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.6.1.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

Peter Babashoff

Posted: 12/04/2021 01:48:57

Thank you. It looks like I need to pay for the new version again to fix the bug?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register