Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Can't move systray icons from the 'hidden' area , AWM 8.13.2 on Windows 10 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7085

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 04/26/2019 15:15:11

I used to have all system tray icons showing but I recently decided to hide several as the area was getting very busy. The Win10 default taskbar allows you to drag icons from the 'hidden' area (sorry, don't know if it has a proper name—accessed via the up arrow on the left of the main systray icons) into the main systray and vice versa. But with AWM active this can't be done. Changing 'Enable tray icons reordering' doesn't seem to make any difference either—I had initially thought having this enabled might interfere with dragging between the hidden and visible areas. But it seems not.

It's a bit of a pain to either turn off AWM to move an icon, or to find the full list and change it via Windows settings. Would it be possible to replicate this quite useful feature from the windows taskbar?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/26/2019 18:37:36

Hello, David

The Win10 default taskbar allows you to drag icons from the 'hidden' area <...> into the main systray and vice versa. But with AWM active this can't be done.
Do you mean you're not able to do this on AWM taskbars? This is a known problem. As for the system taskbar – moving the icons between hidden and visible tray parts should work on it regardless of whether AWM is running or not.

We'll consider adding this ability in our taskbars and will post in this topic if it's added.

Best regards.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 04/26/2019 19:54:17

Yes, that's what I was referring to. I can move the icons when not using the AWM taskbar—it's just easier to 'pause' AWM than change the configuration to show the system taskbar :). Adding that feature would be great.

Many thanks.

Max Born

Posted: 03/27/2021 22:55:39

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Any news on this? It's really annoying, and if I leave the main monitor with the default windows taskbar to be able to move systray icons in and out of the hidden area, then the Windows-style apps always show on the main taskbar even if I move it to a secondary monitor. All would be good if AMM taskbar could be used to move such icons.
Thanks in advance for taking another look at this,
Regards,
Max.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/14/2021 08:17:15

Hello, Max

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

Unfortunately we weren't able to proceed to work on this feature yet and for now there is no time frame for it. We'll post here if the feature is implemented.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register