Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «All Desktops Merge To One Screen , Unlocking Desktop Causes All Desktops To Merge » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10029

Jon Albright

Posted: 04/17/2019 06:44:55

Using the latest beta version, I have noticed that after windows automatically locks the desktop after timeout and then blanks the screen (monitor power timeout), upon unlocking the desktop and restoring the desktop, all desktops migrate to a single monitor running under a single desktop.
I have dual monitors and use 14 virtual desktops.  When I go for a 30 minute lunch break, my desktop will automatcially lock after 10 minutes of inactivity and windows will turn off the monitor after 20 minutes of inactivity.  After "waking" it to life, all desktops appear on a single monitor, primarily the main monitor in the windows system (monitor 1).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/19/2019 01:15:21

Hello, Jon

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

Do you use the Windows virtual desktops as well or only Actual Window Manager virtual desktops?

What monitors do you use and what interfaces you use to connect them to the computer (HDMI, DVI etc.)? Do you use any USB video adapters?

Are the windows in the system moved to the primary monitor as well when you don't have Actual Window Manager started?

Best regards.

Jon Albright

Posted: 04/20/2019 05:44:29

[QUOTE]What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?
OS is Windows 10 x64

Do you use the Windows virtual desktops as well or only Actual Window Manager virtual desktops?
No, I use only AWM.

What monitors do you use and what interfaces you use to connect them to the computer (HDMI, DVI etc.)?
I have twin Samsung 24" monitors - LED/LCD flat panel.  One montior is connected via HDMI cable, 2nd montior is connected with DVI cable.  Video adapter is a MSI with Radeon RX580 chipset.

Do you use any USB video adapters?
No, no adapters.

Are the windows in the system moved to the primary monitor as well when you don't have Actual Window Manager started?
No, when AVM isn't running (in the past as I use this all the time), the programs stay put where they were when I left the machine.

Jon Albright

Posted: 04/23/2019 01:47:50

Update:
Checking in the Windows device manager, instead of it listing two monitors it listed 3 monitors, one of which was disabled.  I deleted the superfluous monitor, uninstalled / reinstalled the display drivers and all is well.  I have always had dual monitors and never had a third monitor.  Another one of those Microsoft mysteries why it does things the way it does.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register