Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] appcrash only when AMM is running » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8824

John Alexander

Posted: 04/16/2019 02:40:46

I had been on a Win7 x64 system for many years using both AMM and lotus 1-2-3 with no problems.  Then last week I did a clean install of Win8.1 and re-installed my applications and tweaked the OS to my liking.  Everything was fine for a week until today I tried editing a chart.  When I am working on a chart within lotus 1-2-3 and I double-click on the text title of the chart in order to edit it, the 1-2-3 application crashes.  So I tried de-selecting the 4 or 5 programs I use as windows start up programs and tried again, and this time there was no crash.  Then one by one I re-enabled the start up programs and this is what I found:

When Multiple Monitors is running, double-clicking on a chart title within lotus 1-2-3 always causes 1-2-3 to crash.
But if I exit Multiple Monitors or never load it at all at startup, 1-2-3 does not crash when I click on a chart title in 1-2-3.

So I uninstalled and re-installed both programs, but that did not help anything.  Then I tried renaming LTEDN40.DLL just to see what would happen and when then I started lotus got a fatal error with the message "Tool Module Not Found".

This behavior did not happen when I was running win7, only this new install of win8.1. AMM itself is not crashing here, just lotus 1-2-3.  A cut-and-paste of the output fr om nirsoft's Appcrashviewer is below. BTW LTEDN40.DLL is a file within the lotus\compnent folder.  Any advice is appreciated!

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
 Application Name: 123w.exe
 Application Version: 9.8.208.1200
 Application Timestamp: 3d577a29
 Fault Module Name: LTEDN40.DLL
 Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.1203
 Fault Module Timestamp: 36625bbb
 Exception Code: c0000005
 Exception Offset: 00007972
 OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
 Locale ID: 1033
 Additional Information 1: 47bd
 Additional Information 2: 47bd4076ab1f32620ccd1aa470aa8426
 Additional Information 3: 34d5
 Additional Information 4: 34d5c33c85ed1e9ba7a2c86ddb9ff92f

One other thing, just to be precise.  To edit a chart title in lotus you can either double-click on it, or click it just once and then press F2.  Either way causes a crash, if AMM is running.  The reason I even checked that was because I noticed that within AMM, wh ere I have set the Double Left-Click On Title Bar to automatically move a window to the other monitor, it says off to the right "already used by the system or other application". No idea wh ere else a double-click means anything but for now I have switched that AMM setting to be a double right click, but that made no impact on this crashing issue.

EDIT: I then did a clean install of windows 10 and the behavior continues.

Edit #2: I was monkeying around with DisplayFusion and the exact same problem occurred so I asked for advice on their forum and was told to Disable Application Hooks for lotus 1-2-3 in DF's Compatibility section, and that made the problem go away.  So I guess the question is can I do the same thing with AMM.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/18/2019 22:37:44

Hello, John

When I am working on a chart within lotus 1-2-3 and I double-click on the text title of the chart in order to edit it, the 1-2-3 application crashes.
The problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it and will post in this topic if it's fixed.

Unfortunately, for now there is no workaround for this problem.

Could you also tell whether you use the compatibility mode to run lotus 1-2-3 on Windows 10 (Lotus Suite installation folder > 123 > 123w.exe > right click on the .exe file > Properties > Compatibility > "Run this program in compatibility mode" option)?

Best regards.

John Alexander

Posted: 04/18/2019 22:58:17

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Could you also tell whether you use the compatibility mode to run lotus 1-2-3 on Windows 10 (Lotus Suite installation folder > 123 > 123w.exe > right click on the .exe file > Properties > Compatibility > "Run this program in compatibility mode" option)?
Best regards.
Good idea. The Win10 troubleshooter recommended a compatibility mode setting of WinXP Sp3 so I just tried that but got the same crash.  Also got the crash when using win7 and also win98 compatibility modes.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register