Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop Switcher Hangs , Actual Virtual Desktop not responding error » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5333

Michael Hall

Posted: 04/06/2019 00:38:03

I began having an errors using Virtual Desktop Switcher where the switcher will hang and give an hourglass
and usually does not recover unless I close Virtual Windows and restart. I thought updating would help since I was using the later version of Windows 10, no luck it is still giving the same problem even after I payed 30.00 more for the upgrade.

I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 and its the Switcher that is giving me problems.
I have had this program for 2 years and never had any trouble.

Please respond with some advice for the fix

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/10/2019 20:56:08

Hello, Michael

Several users of Actual Window Manager have reported similar problems, but we haven't managed to figure out what causes them and whether they are the same problems.

What version of AWM you first noticed the problem with?

You're running the latest version 8.13.3 now, right?

Could you provide some additional information about the problem?

Does the problem happen when you try to switch to another virtual deskop? Does it happen both when you use Virtual Desktops switcher and when you use the hotkeys to switch between the desktops (Win+], Win+[ by default)?

Does it happen every time you try to switch to another desktop, or only sometimes? How often does it happen (for example 2 of 5 times when you try to switch)?

Could you when the problem happens, try to open the AWM tray icon context menu (right mouse click on the icon) and see whether it works or whether it also freezes?

Can you recall, when exactly the problem started and if there were any events in the system around that time (probably some system or software upgrades)?

What monitors you use and what interfaces you use to connect them to the computer (DVI, HDMI etc.)? Do you use any USB video adapters or a docking station?

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register