Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Background settings resets on Actual Window manager , Background setting resets to default after re-boot » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5021

Dave Greene

Posted: 04/05/2019 18:20:05

I'm using Actual Window Manager Ver. 8.13.3 with Windows 10 Pro Ver. 1809 and two monitors. I have set the Background options to an individual slide show on both monitors and it works fine until I reboot, when it reverts to the 'Current Windows background' setting and I have to set it all up again! Any idea why this is happening?

Mark England

Posted: 04/07/2019 20:47:28

I am having the same issue with Actual Multiple Monitors.
I have 4 monitors set up with 2 sharing the same static background,1 having a different static background and the other having a slideshow.Everything works fine until i shutdown or reboot when everything gets reset to "Current Windows Settings". I have the configuration saved as a backup but it still uses "Current Windows Settings" instead of "Actual Multiple Monitors Settings" which means i have to load the backup file every time i start my computer.Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/10/2019 23:10:36

Hello, gentlemen

Are only the background settings reset? Could you check whether all Actual Tools product's settings are reset or only the background settings – create several mirrors and desktop profiles in the "Mirroring" and "Desktop Profiles" sections (Actual Tools product configuration module > Multiple Monitors > "Mirroring" and "Desktop Profiles", press Apply and see whether they are there when you reboot the computer.

Does the problem persist, if you don't use the "Background Slideshow" feature on any of the monitors and only use static images?

Could you also name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Mark,

What version of Actual Multiple Monitors you're running?

Best regards.

Mark England

Posted: 04/13/2019 18:44:04

Hi Bogdan,

I did what you asked and created several mirrors and desktop profiles and all were still there after reboot. It seems that it was only the background settings on 2 of my monitors that were getting reset. I have now seemingly fixed the issue and i believe it was something to do with the default desktop profile as i have now deleted the default and am using one of the duplicate profiles and everything seems to be working fine now.For some reason only 3 of my monitors were showing in the default profile. I am using the latest version 8.13.3. and my OS is Windows 10 Version 1803.

Thanks for your time.

Dave Greene

Posted: 04/14/2019 05:40:07

Hi Bogdan,

I went into "Desktop Profiles" to try making some profiles as you had suggested. I thought I hadn't created a profile but found there was one already there that I must have made initially when I was exploring the software. Under the 'Background' tab it had 'use Windows settings'. I have deleted this profile and now any settings I make for the background stay after a reboot.

Thanks for your help.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register