Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «UI Font size is HUGE , like, gigantic » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3790

David P
Advanced user

Posted: 02/25/2019 22:16:53

Hi forum and support team,

the font size in my copy of Actual Windows Manager is huge, like, colossal. Probably this is due to the fact that I am on a 4K monitor and I have set the font size to "HUGE" at some point in time before Actual Windows Manager officially supported hidpi Monitors.

However, now I can't find the place in the Option Settings where I can set the GUI fonts to "normal" again (because everything is so huge :).

Please advise!

Corneliu GIURGIU
Advanced user

Posted: 02/25/2019 23:32:37

Have you tried to use the search box in the upper right corner, then select the "Options - User interface" item (the first and only one actually), scroll down, click the Reset button and pressing Ok? Here's a crammed UI with a font configured at 30.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/26/2019 02:03:56

Hello, gentlemen

Corneliu,
Thank you for your help.

David,
Corneliu is right: the font size option resides here: Actual Window Manager configuration module > Options > User Interface > Font, Size. The default font size value is 8.
In the stable versions the text size may be a bit larger than it should be on the monitors with increased DPI, but this has been fixed in the latest beta version of Actual Window Manager 8.14 beta 2. You can install the beta version and see it yourself.

Best regards.

David P
Advanced user

Posted: 02/26/2019 03:09:03

Corneliu GIURGIU wrote:
Here's a crammed UI with a font configured at 30.

Haha that's exactly how it looked for me ;)

Thanks Corneliu and Bogdan -- the reset has helped and I am now comfortable with the standard font at 7pt.

Cheers
David

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register