New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 23
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] Excel Ribbon Disappearing , All Excel workbooks lose their ribbon when switching desktops » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 87418

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/30/2019 01:11:54

Hello, gentlemen

Please note, that it's not just the Ribbon disappears, it's the special Excel full screen mode enabled, in which the Ribbon is not displayed.

Jon,

You should be able to return to usual state of Excel window by a double left mouse click to the Excel title bar or by pressing the Esc key. Does this return the window to the normal state and make ribbon appear again?

I did minimize the workbook with the ctrl + right mouse and then restored it.  It worked fine after switching desktops back and forth but if I do not minimize using the AWM procedure from above, it's back to the ribbon disappearing.
I need you to minimize the Excel window this way (to the tray) and then restore it without switching virtual desktops. Just minimize the window, and then restore it from the tray. Is it restored correctly?

Reinhard,
Thank you for additional information.

What is the exact version of Excel that you're running (File > Account > About Excel)?

Could you see whether a double left mouse click to the Excel title bar or pressing the Esc key returns the Excel window to the normal state, when the problem happens.

And could you also minimize the Excel window to system tray via the Actual Window Manager feature – if you haven't changed or disabled the mouse actions in AWM it should be single right mouse button click to the Excel title bar with Ctrl pressed. Don't switch virtual desktops. Then restore the window by clicking its tray icon. See whether the window is restored correctly.

Best regards.

Reinhard Franz

Posted: 01/31/2019 02:08:20

Hello,
my Excel version is "Microsoft Excel 2019 MSO (16.0.11126.20234)".
Double-clicking on the title bar or pressing the "Esc" key will not work (because Excel is not in "Full Screen Mode").

Minimizing in the system tray and then restoring also restore the ribbon bar (as expected).
Hopefully you will find the cause of this behavior .... ;-)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/31/2019 20:54:14

Gentlemen,

We've managed to reproduce the problem.

Indeed, it's not the full screen mode I was talking about (which can be enabled with the "Toggle full screen view" button), although, if the problem happens for a maximized window, then it looks exactly the like this.

We'll try to fix this problem and will post in this topic once the problem is fixed.

Best regards.

Reinhard Franz

Posted: 02/01/2019 02:51:53

Would be great if you could solve that.

Jon Albright

Posted: 02/06/2019 00:59:45

I used Dexpot for several years until about a year ago when a Microsoft update made it where it just would not function at all.  Virtualwin has an annoying habit of letting you use Microsoft pre-assigned hot keys to control desktop switching.  The AWM has proved to be reliable for me with 99% of everything I have ran it through so am confident there will be a correction to the functionality with Excel.

Reinhard Franz

Posted: 02/17/2019 13:48:22

Just wanted to let you know, that after the installation of the version 8.14 beta 2 the problem with the disappeared ribbon bar no longer exists :!:  :D
Did you change anything in this direction in this version :?:
It may also be due to a Windows update, but have tried the virtual desktop again only after installing the beta 2 version.

Jon Albright

Posted: 02/19/2019 06:30:38

Just wanted to let you know, that after the installation of the version 8.14 beta 2 the problem with the disappeared ribbon bar no longer exists

Is there any issues when installing the beta 2 version over the registered version and then once the problem has been corrected, reverting to the registered version.

It may also be due to a Windows update, but have tried the virtual desktop again only after installing the beta 2 version.

I have all of the windows 10 updates installed when experiencing this issue.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/19/2019 14:21:01

Hello, gentlemen

I'm glad to notify you that the problem with the disappeared ribbon bar in Excel has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest beta version of Actual Window Manager 8.14 beta 2.

You can install the beta version and confirm the fix.

Jon,
Is there any issues when installing the beta 2 version over the registered version and then once the problem has been corrected, reverting to the registered version.
No, there are no problems with installing the beta version over the stable version. You can revert to the stable version at any time just by installing it over the beta.

Best regards.

Jon Albright

Posted: 02/21/2019 00:44:16

As a note, installing the Beta 2 version remedied the Excel problem.  Thank you very much..... 8)

Jon Albright

Posted: 02/23/2019 00:27:49

New Note For Beta 2:

If there are more than one Excel workbook open the ability to select the Excel menuing commands:  File, Home, Insert etc stops functioning until the first Excel workbook opened is closed after which, all functionality is restored.

Messages 11 - 20 of 23
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 4, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register