Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Reboot changes resolution and display order » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7758

Bob

Posted: 11/25/2018 05:14:47

I recently installed three new UHD monitors and GTX 1070 ti graphics card, and upgraded AMM from 4.0 to 8.13.2.  The resolution is 2560 x 1440, and arrangement is 1-2-3, with 2 as the main display (taskbar). (The arrangement is from other forum topic that it needs to be in that order for the move-left and move-right to work correctly.)

When I reboot, the display initially looks correct, then it goes black, starts flickering, and comes back up with all three at 1920 x 1080, and in 2-3-1 order.

I uninstalled AMM, rebooted, and windows leaves the display correct as it was. I reinstalled AMM and it does this problem.

When I go into AMM (before rebooting), the display settings are correct and match Windows settings.
One clue: this was my previous monitor resolution and may have been my layout. Could AMM be "remembering" the settings?

Let me know if there's anything I can do about this.

Actual Multiple Monitors 8.13.2
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

Thanks,
Bob

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/26/2018 02:18:03

Hello, Bob

Do you use the Desktop Profiles feature of Actual Multiple Monitors (AMM configuratuion module > Multiple Monitors > Desktop Profiles)? Maybe there are some desktop profiles in the list which you used for your previous configuration and "Start automatically" option is enabled for one of them (in the options section of a profile in the bottom part)?

Could you exit Actual Multiple Monitors completely, then go to %appdata%\Actual Tools\ and copy the Actual Multiple Monitors folder to other directory on your computer (as a backup, so that you could restore your configuration later) and then delete the Actual Multiple Monitors folder. This will reset the configuration to default. Start AMM and see whether the problem persists with default configuration.

Best regards.

Bob

Posted: 11/26/2018 03:24:13

Hi Bogdan,
Thanks for checking into this. There were no Desktop Profiles in the configuration. I did the steps you said, and the problem persists. I also noticed Skype was in your CenterEvents log file, so I set that to not start up (just in case), and repeated the steps. I also waited a couple minutes between stages, so it can be seen in your log file

Set skype to not start on startup.
Quit AMM.
Deleted %appdata%/Actual Tools/Actual Multiple Monitors
Start AMM.
Wait a couple minutes.
Reboot.
Lock screen is at correct resolution and layout.
Wait a couple minutes.
The screen changes its resolution and layout to wrong values.
Wait a couple minutes.
I change screen to correct resolution and layout.

Copied %appdata%/Actual Tools/Actual Multiple Monitors folder.
Let me know if you me to send you the appdata files, or just post them here.

Thanks,
Bob

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/26/2018 15:58:03

Bob,

Is Actual Multiple Monitors set to load at startup in your system (AMM configuration module > Options > General > Load at startup)? Could you disable this option, restart the computer and see whether the problem appears if you start AMM manually some time (about 10 minutes) after the start of the system?

Create a .zip file containing your previous configuration and send it to us to uninstall@actualtools.com email address.

Best regards.

Bob

Posted: 12/02/2018 03:28:48

Hi,

Well, this computer has completely crashed. Maybe it was related to this issue; seems like a power supply problem perhaps due to new graphics card.

When I get a new system going, I'll install AMM, and let you know.

Thanks,
Bob

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register