Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Move Monitor and Sound icon positions incorrect » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 17442

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 10/19/2018 02:00:20

I'm using the latest build of AMM v8.13.2 and the icons from AMM to move the window to my other screen or audio control (the only ones I have showing) are too far to the left in Mozilla Firefox v62.0.3 x64.  Attempting to adjust them in the settings results in them being overlayed over the window max/min/close buttons, etc.  Not sure if this is a new issue with AMM.  Please see screenshot attached.

Thank you,
Nelson

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/30/2018 01:09:47

Hello, Nelson

the icons from AMM to move the window to my other screen or audio control (the only ones I have showing) are too far to the left in Mozilla Firefox v62.0.3 x64
What is the value of the "Shift the buttons horizontally" option in specfic settings for Firefox (AMM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings for Firefox > Title Buttons section > Shift the buttons horizontally) when the buttons are placed like this?

Attempting to adjust them in the settings results in them being overlayed over the window max/min/close buttons
By adjusting you mean changing the "Shift the buttons horizontally" option? What values the problem persists with?

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Could you also send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Confugiration > Send to Tech Support). Change the "To..." address to uninstall@actualtools.com in the email and also add a link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 11/01/2018 01:20:43

Hi Bogdan,

What is the value of the "Shift the buttons horizontally" option in specfic settings for Firefox (AMM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings for Firefox > Title Buttons section > Shift the buttons horizontally) when the buttons are placed like this?
The value is 0.  I don't even use the specific settings for Firefox so it's all set at default.  I've sent an email as you indicated and included a screenshot in the email.

By adjusting you mean changing the "Shift the buttons horizontally" option? What values the problem persists with?
Correct, the "Shift the buttons horizontally" just keeps the buttons in the same place.  If I enter a 1 or 2, and apply, they jump and then right back.

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).
Windows 10 x64 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Could you also send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Confugiration > Send to Tech Support). Change the "To..." address to uninstall@actualtools.com in the email and also add a link to this topic to the email.
Done

Thank you,
Nelson

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/05/2018 15:44:56

Nelson,

I was unable to reproduce the problem even using your AMM configuration files.

Are the title buttons in Firefox placed like this all the time or sometimes they're placed correctly?

Does the problem persist in the normal mode Firefox window (not maximized)?

Does the problem persist with the new version of Firefox 63.0.1?

Maybe you have some special extensions installed in Firefox, which in conjunction with AMM cause this problem?

Could you also send us a screenshot of the whole Firefox window? You can send it to the email address uninstall@actualtools.com.

Best regards.

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 11/15/2018 03:24:55

Hi Bogdan,

Are the title buttons in Firefox placed like this all the time or sometimes they're placed correctly?
They are like this all the time (except they are correct when the window is not maximized).

Does the problem persist in the normal mode Firefox window (not maximized)?
Only when maximized.

Does the problem persist with the new version of Firefox 63.0.1?
Yes

Maybe you have some special extensions installed in Firefox, which in conjunction with AMM cause this problem?
Interesting you say this as I disabled ALL my add-ons and the icons positioned themselves correctly!  However, when I enable an add-on that has an icon in the Firefox toolbar, it pushes the AMM icons over to the left!  Each icon added to the Firefox toolbar keeps pushing the AMM icons over to the left more each time!  So this is the issue somehow.

Could you also send us a screenshot of the whole Firefox window? You can send it to the email address uninstall@actualtools.com.
Done

Thank you again for your time,
Nelson

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/16/2018 18:49:01

Nelson,

I was unable to find any emails from you.

However, when I enable an add-on that has an icon in the Firefox toolbar, it pushes the AMM icons over to the left!
Could you tell what Firefox add-ons you use, which add icons in the Firefox toolbar?

Best regards.

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 11/17/2018 09:46:28

Bogdan,

I was unable to find any emails from you.
I have resent it to uninstall@actualtools.com.  It includes a link to this thread and a screenshot.

Could you tell what Firefox add-ons you use, which add icons in the Firefox toolbar?
Some add-ons are UBlock Orgin, LastPass, Greasemonkey, and ExpressVPN

When these are added to Firefox, they put an icon in the toolbar and for some reason they put the sound and move to monitor icons of AMM over to the left.

Best Regards,
Nelson

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/25/2018 19:33:06

Nelson,

However, when I enable an add-on that has an icon in the Firefox toolbar, it pushes the AMM icons over to the left!
The problem has been confirmed and it has been already fixed. The fix will be available in the next update of Actual Multiple Monitors which we're going to release the other day.
The problem happens even if standard Firefox icons are added to the toolbar. The problem appears only in Windows 10.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register