Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Report: "Start Program" Hotkey not working when no active window » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 12001

Matthias Hofer

Posted: 09/21/2018 14:17:36

Hi,

I discovered a bug that is interrupting my work: When no window is active (e. g. only the desktop) then my "Start Program" hotkey does not work; nothing happens.

As I also use "Activate window on mouse hover" there is routinely no window active when moving the cursor to a new screen.

I'd like to hope that this can be fixed soon, as a decision is about to be me made if we buy AWM for our company's use.

Thank you, and Regards,

Matthias

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/22/2018 10:49:57

Hello, Matthias

"Start Program" Hotkey not working when no active window
This is a known limitation. We'll try to improve the way the hotkeys work, so that the "Start Program" hotkey didn't depend on what window is active at the moment. We'll post in this topic if this is implemented.

For now there is no other way to make the hotkey work than to make some window active first.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/27/2018 09:25:35

Hello, Matthias

"Start Program" Hotkey not working when no active window.
I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.13.1 and our other products as well.

Best regards.

Matthias Hofer

Posted: 09/28/2018 14:11:48

Hello Bogdan,

Thank you very much for this addition/correction. I am happy to see that feedback is evaluated so quickly.

I might even write down a feature request regarding window placement in the appropriate section outlining only the most crucial aspects that would help our work a lot.

Thanks again, and Regards,

Matthias

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register