Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Whatsapp for windows compatability , Close Windows Manually: Via close button right-click does not work » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 14624

Kirill Kirill

Posted: 07/26/2018 15:07:57

Hi, i have had issues with whatsapp minimization via close button on previous version (8.11) when my license expired. So I have renewed it to 8.12.2 only to see this is not yet fixed. That`s extremely disappointing  :(

The bug is that "Close Windows Manually: Via close button click" options don't work with WhatsApp for Windows. Similar issue was also referenced in:
https://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=12&TID=4297&MID=19040&sphrase_id=321094#message19040

Nor i was able to make a workaround for this issue by adding tile buttons on top of regular close button. A tile button appear at app startup, but they become inactive (regular buttons are) if the windows gets resized in any way (including being maximized or minimized). Besides even without being resized button that appears at app launch it still is not covering full space of original close button. Button is shifted to the left.

User added an image
This image shows how title buttons is shifted relative to native button. This is not fixable via shift button horizontally.

User added an image
This is what happens after resizing. Title button is no more active at all.

WhatsApp has huge userbase and lots of other actual tools users are impacted by this. Could you please fix the issue? At least closing via X functionality.

PS win 10 17134.167, Whats app 0.3.33

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/26/2018 21:48:29

Hello, Kirill

Hi, i have had issues with whatsapp minimization via close button on previous version (8.11) when my license expired. So I have renewed it to 8.12.2 only to see this is not yet fixed.
A tile button appear at app startup, but they become inactive (regular buttons are) if the windows gets resized in any way (including being maximized or minimized).
Unfortunately, we haven't managed to fix these problems yet. We'll post in this topic when they are fixed.

Best regards.

Kirill Kirill

Posted: 07/27/2018 00:46:45

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:

Do you have plans for fixing them or I would be better not hoping for fix?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/27/2018 16:43:46

Kirill,

We have plans for fixing them, but for now we don't have even an approximate date of when it will be fixed.

Best regards.

Kirill Kirill

Posted: 07/27/2018 17:32:26

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Kirill,

We have plans for fixing them, but for now we don't have even an approximate date of when it will be fixed.

Best regards.

Nice - it would be great to eventually see this bug fixed.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/26/2021 16:59:44

Hello, Kirill

You wrote:
i have had issues with whatsapp minimization via close button on previous version (8.11) when my license expired. So I have renewed it to 8.12.2 only to see this is not yet fixed.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Minimizer 8.14.6 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

Kirill Kirill

Posted: 12/09/2021 16:28:08

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Kirill

You wrote:
i have had issues with whatsapp minimization via close button on previous version (8.11) when my license expired. So I have renewed it to 8.12.2 only to see this is not yet fixed.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Minimizer 8.14.6 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

It works, although its sad that i had to pay for software 3 times (initial purchase, purchase when i bought second time hoping that it is fixed and 3rd after your post) just to have basic feature to work.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register