Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] need to Delay start of Actual Windows Manager , x1 search must load prior or freezes » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10785

Larry Bernstein

Posted: 07/07/2018 08:36:47

I have been trying to get x1 search running again for months on my windows 10 and FINALLY found Actual Windows manager is culprit or reason - if it loads prior to X1 then X1 freezes. If I load X1 first then start Actual Windows manually Exit Actual Windows Manager and restart X1 and then restart AWM and all OK

I cannot figure out how to NOT have AWM control X1.exe or its window (did list under Exclusions) so any help greatly appreciates I love and need both

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/09/2018 15:04:12

Larry,

This is a known problem. We'll try to fix it and will post in this topic when it's fixed.

need to Delay start of Actual Windows Manager
There is no way to do this directly in AWM. Most likely some third-party software will let you do this (for example Windows Task Scheduler).

If I load X1 first then start Actual Windows manually Exit Actual Windows Manager and restart X1 and then restart AWM and all OK
Do you mean it's necesarry to launch each program twice in this exact sequence in order for X1 to work?

As workaround for this problem you can add an exclusion and specify the installation folder as the Program criterion of the exclusion (C:\Program Files\X1 Search\). Leave only the Program criterion enabled.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/26/2022 09:52:50

Hello, Larry

You wrote:
I have been trying to get x1 search running again for months on my windows 10 and FINALLY found Actual Windows manager is culprit or reason - if it loads prior to X1 then X1 freezes.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.7 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

If you used the workaround (exclusion for X1 Search application in AWM) you can discard it in the latest version.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register