New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 23
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[FIXED] Audio not switching to monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 40264

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 07/06/2018 00:48:09

Thank you very much Bogdan!  If there's anything you need me to test, just let me know.  Looking forward to the next version as always.

Best Regards,
Nelson

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 08/01/2018 00:09:14

Hi Bogdan,

I see you released a new beta of AMM (Actual Multiple Monitors 8.13 beta 2 (31.07.2018).  However, I don't see listed the fix for the audio switching issue.  Has this been fixed in this beta release?  I just installed it and the audio is not switching between monitors.  In fact it's ONLY coming from one monitor - even if I choose "Exactly specified" and choose any other device, it keeps using just the one monitor speakers.

Interestingly if I test playing something in my browser with sound and I switch audio devices in the Window 10 Settings -> Sound, it also doesn't take effect (as if it doesn't "set the device to default").  This may be a bug in Windows 10 or have to do with having playback devices with the same name.  HOWEVER, if I switch the playback device using the sound icon, via the tasktray icon (see attached image), it works perfectly!  Just AMM is still not switching.

Thank you,

Nelson

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/02/2018 15:59:55

Hello, Nelson

There were some changes in the Audio Switcher feature, they're just not listed.

Does this problem where it's impossible to bind different audio devices with the same names to the monitors with the same names still persist?

If I choose a different audio device for monitor #2, like my headset - it works! (i.e. remembers that value and when I switch my app to the other screen the audio moves).
Do you mean this doesn't work either?

even if I choose "Exactly specified" and choose any other device, it keeps using just the one monitor speakers.
Where exactly you choose the "Exactly specified" option?

Currently the audio is always playing fr om my monitor "1" (right monitor) and if I force the audio to my other monitor via "Exactly specified" option, it will play through monitor "2"
Do you mean this doesn't work anymore?

Interestingly if I test playing something in my browser with sound and I switch audio devices in the Window 10 Settings -> Sound, it also doesn't take effect (as if it doesn't "set the device to default").
Does it happen with Actual Multiple Monitors not started? Does it happen only with browser? Could you see the "App volume and device preferences" settings of the Windows 10 Sound settings page. What are the settings for the browser?

Best regards.

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 08/03/2018 08:57:36

Hi Bogdan,

Does this problem where it's impossible to bind different audio devices with the same names to the monitors with the same names still persist?
It's different - as nothing switches now.

If I choose a different audio device for monitor #2, like my headset - it works! (i.e. remembers that value and when I switch my app to the other screen the audio moves).
Do you mean this doesn't work either?

Correct. Using the latest beta, if I specifically choose my headset, the audio doesn't switch over (same for any output device).  It just keeps playing fr om my one monitor.

even if I choose "Exactly specified" and choose any other device, it keeps using just the one monitor speakers.
Where exactly you choose the "Exactly specified" option?

I am choosing the option via the little speaker icon in the title bar icons.  I sel ect "Exactly Specified" and then choose the playback device.  It never switches.

Currently the audio is always playing fr om my monitor "1" (right monitor) and if I force the audio to my other monitor via "Exactly specified" option, it will play through monitor "2"
Do you mean this doesn't work anymore?

Correct.  The audio does not switch over.

Interestingly if I test playing something in my browser with sound and I switch audio devices in the Window 10 Settings -> Sound, it also doesn't take effect (as if it doesn't "set the device to default").
Does it happen with Actual Multiple Monitors not started? Does it happen only with browser? Could you see the "App volume and device preferences" settings of the Windows 10 Sound settings page. What are the settings for the browser?

it doesn't matter if AMM is running or not, I can't switch audio via Windows Sound Settings. It won't switch between the two monitors that have the same name.  Only between a monitor and the headset.  I believe it thinks that the monitor is the same and won't switch.  Don't recall Windows having that issue, but it seems like a bug in Windows.  I can control it to perfectly to any playback device via the speaker icon in the tasktray - see my previous post with picture.

AMM configuration DOES now remember the output device chose for monitor now.  When I select either monitor, I can see the correct selection in the "Bound Audio Device" drop down list.

**UPDATE**
Having said all this - I just tried this using Chrome and AMM works perfect!!  I use FireFox v61.0.1 x64 and it's not working.  I don't have any exclusions in AMM for Firefox, so not sure why it's not working in FireFox.  I'll keep testing, but please let me know if you can confirm this.  Thank you again.

Best Regards,
Nelson

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/03/2018 14:38:47

Nelson,

What site you used to test Audio Switcher in Firefox? Does this problem persist when you play a video from YouTube?

Best regards.

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 08/03/2018 21:24:39

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
What site you used to test Audio Switcher in Firefox? Does this problem persist when you play a video from YouTube?

Hi Bogdan, yes, I am actually using YouTube to simply listen to something while testing - I keep using the same link: here.  Please let me know if you can replicate this.  

Best Regards,
Nelson

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/07/2018 00:37:58

Nelson,

The problem with the latest beta 8.13 beta 2 has been confirmed – Audio switcher doesn't work in Firefox 61.0.1 in the latest beta 8.13 beta 2. We'll try to fix this.

Do you have any other problems with Audio switcher besides this?

Interestingly if I test playing something in my browser with sound and I switch audio devices in the Window 10 Settings -> Sound, it also doesn't take effect
HOWEVER, if I switch the playback device using the sound icon, via the tasktray icon (see attached image), it works perfectly!
As I can see, it's the same setting, but it's available in different places. Are you sure they work different in your case?

Best regards.

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 08/07/2018 22:30:46

The problem with the latest beta 8.13 beta 2 has been confirmed – Audio switcher doesn't work in Firefox 61.0.1 in the latest beta 8.13 beta 2. We'll try to fix this.

Thank you Bogdan!  I hope you are able to resolve this for Firefox.

Do you have any other problems with Audio switcher besides this?

No, that is the only issue.

As I can see, it's the same setting, but it's available in different places. Are you sure they work different in your case?

Yes, they absolutely work differently.  I just tried playing an MP3 and when it starts playing from the default audio device (one of my monitors), I go into the Windows Settings -> Sound and switch to the other - nothing happens.  If I switch to my headset it switches okay.  Then if I choose a monitor again it ALWAYS chooses the first one in the list (I believe since they have the same name) so I can never switch it from monitor to monitor via the Windows Sound -> Settings panel.  However, it switches fine using the taskbar sound icon.  Again, this appears to be a Windows issue and not AMM.  I tried with AMM enabled and disabled and it makes no difference.  I guess this is something that should be reported to Microsoft.

Best Regards,
Nelson

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/15/2018 10:48:14

Hello Nelson,

Having said all this - I just tried this using Chrome and AMM works perfect!!  I use FireFox v61.0.1 x64 and it's not working.  I don't have any exclusions in AMM for Firefox, so not sure why it's not working in FireFox.  I'll keep testing, but please let me know if you can confirm this.
- We were able to reproduce this behavior a several times, but the behavior is not permanent. When the behavior can be reproduced, audio device switching does not work for the first time only, the second switching works correctly. Please check whether you can swithc audio device in Mozilla Firefox from the second or third attempt or not to confirm if this is the same issue.

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 08/18/2018 00:43:13

Vasiliy Ivachev wrote:
We were able to reproduce this behavior a several times, but the behavior is not permanent. When the behavior can be reproduced, audio device switching does not work for the first time only, the second switching works correctly. Please check whether you can swithc audio device in Mozilla Firefox from the second or third attempt or not to confirm if this is the same issue.

I cannot get audio to switch between monitors at all. No matter how many times I try choosing the "Bound to monitor", "Exactly specified", or move FireFox from monitor to monitor via the button that AMM puts up in the titlebar or dragging it to the other screen.  Never works for me.

Messages 11 - 20 of 23
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register