Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Mouse won't wake Idle Screen Saver when Desktop Divider is on , Actual Windows Manager 8.12.2 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 12801

Nick

Posted: 06/01/2018 14:45:37

Version: Actual Windows Manager 8.12.2, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Hi guys,

New purchase here. I've found that none of my mouse (USB or Bluetooth) will  wake any screen where the Idle Screen Saver has been activated while the Desktop Divider feature is also enabled. When I switch off the Desktop Divider feature, everything is good and the mouse wakes the screen as expected.

The normal Screen Saver is set to 'Current Windows screen saver' which is set to none. So only the Idle Screen Saver feature is in use. The problem occurs regardless of the screen save used. Win + Ctrl + S does wake the screen but I'm often not anywhere near the keyboard to unlock this way. I have 1 HDMI monitor and 1 Display Port.

Thanks in advance for a solution

Nick

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/04/2018 14:28:07

Hello, Nick

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

none of my mouse (USB or Bluetooth) will  wake any screen where the Idle Screen Saver
Do I understand correctly, that you're talking about the Save Idle Screens screensaver, that is started automatically, and not with the key combination Win + Ctrl + S?

The problem occurs regardless of the screen save used
Could you name a few sreensavers you were able to reproduce the problem with? Does it also happen with the standard Windows screensavers like Ribbons or 3D text?

Could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Please change the "To..." email address to uninstall@actualtools.com in the email.

Best regards.

Nick

Posted: 06/23/2018 00:22:00

Hi there,

Please find config files as requested. Yes, it’s the Save Idle Screens screensaver, that is started automatically (not with the key combination Win + Ctrl + S)

Seems that it’s not the Desktop Divider Feature that’s the problem. Screens cannot be unlocked after I turn on or off any monitor (usually Monitor 2 -HDMI). Only way to recover is quit Actual Windows Manager and re-launch or dragging a window from one monitor to another wakes it up (it’s not the mouse movement waking it, it’s the refocus of the dragged window)

I’m using the latest Graphics Driver for (Intel HD Graphics 530) (6th Gen) (i5-6400T) but using older drivers does not fix the issue.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27360/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=88345

Many thanks in advance
Nick

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/24/2018 19:21:13

Nick,

Could you clarify how exactly the problem happens? Do you mean first you turn on (or off) a monitor, and then if the Save Idle Screens is started on one of the monitors it's impossible to remove it by dragging mouse pointer to the monitor?

If you turn the monitor on, the problem happens on the monitor you've turned on or on the other monitor, or it can happen on both?

How exactly you turn on/off the monitors – via power button on a monitor, or via the Windows/AWM settings? Does it happen if you turn them on/off the other way?

Only way to recover is quit Actual Windows Manager and re-launch or dragging a window from one monitor to another wakes it up
Previously you wrote that you were able to use the hotkey? Is it still true?

After the Save Idle Screen is removed once after the problem happened, does the problem appears the next times it is started?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/23/2018 20:21:21

Nick,

The problem has been confirmed. Indeed, Save Idle Screens feature can't be stopped by mouse pointer after a monitor was disabled/enabled, and it can be stopped by putting an active window or bringing the Start Menu on the monitor. This behavior can be stopped either by restarting Actual Window Manager, or changing and applying some settings in AWM configuration module.

We'll try to fix it and will post in this topic when the problem is fixed.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/28/2018 23:26:04

Hello, Nick

Screens cannot be unlocked after I turn on or off any monitor (usually Monitor 2 -HDMI). Only way to recover is quit Actual Windows Manager and re-launch or dragging a window from one monitor to another wakes it up (it’s not the mouse movement waking it, it’s the refocus of the dragged window)
I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.13.1 and our other products as well.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register