Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Wrong resolutions for HDMI & display profiles » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4045

Juha-Matti Toppinen

Posted: 04/21/2018 18:32:32

Hi all!

I have a three monitor setup on a GTX750Ti:

- Small monitor on VGA (Sony)
- Bigger monitor on DVI (Viewsonic)
- A fullhd television on HDMI (Logik)

I use AMM desktop profiles to switch different displays on and off depending on whether I watch TV/Play games (TV only), or do work (regular displays only), or just listen to music all day (small display only). All monitors have different native resolutions and aspect ratios.

Problem is, I can set the HDMI TV to 1980x1080 through the standard Windows-built-in display settings just fine (framerate 60i or 30p, I think 60p is not working at all). But AMM resolution dropdown doesn't have those resolutions available for the TV. AMM only shows 1280x720 (recommended) and various other very incorrect resolution options.

Because of this, the display setting dropdown in AMM is initially blank. As is the Color quality and refresh rate setting dropdowns too. I can change it, but only for the horribly wrong resolution options that AMM shows (unless I use the standard windows or nvidia settings app).

If I leave those fields blank in AMM (don't touch em otherwise im stuck with wrong resolution), the display profiles cease working. Nothing happens when I switch profiles. I think the missing resolution is what breaks all of the desktop profiles functionality. I only want to enable and disable monitors through AMM desktop profiles, it wouldn't need to touch resolution at all.. But it doesn't work now unless I set the TV to a horrible 1280x720 or somesuch non-native resolution that AMM recognizes.

Any help is appreciated! I use Actual multiple monitors 8.11.2 (with paid license) on an up-to-date Windows 10 x64.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/23/2018 23:28:50

Hello, Juha-Matti

Could you enable the HDMI monitor and when it's enabled send us your AMM configuration using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please change the "To..." email address to uninstall@actualtools.com.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register