Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Taskbark only works on 2 of 3 monitors , Unable to get the taskbark to show on 3 monitors. It only shows on 2. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 16754

andrew czerlinsky

Posted: 04/04/2018 00:24:52

Is there a trick to get the taskbar to show up on all three monitors?  I am running Win 7 and the taskbark works great on 2 monitors but my third monitor has no taskbar whatsoever.  

My settings are in the taskbar section are that I have "Multi-monitor taskbar" checked and for the mode it is set to "Individual."  

I am running Actual Multiple Monitors V 8.7.  Windows 7 x64.

Thanks.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/04/2018 01:07:37

Hello, Andrew

Is there a trick to get the taskbar to show up on all three monitors?
Taskbars should appear on all monitors. Have you tried to click the "Unhide taskbars" button? Does it do something?

Is Actual Multiple Monitors set to load at system's startup? Have you tried to exit AMM and start it again some time after the start of the system?

What is your monitors layout and what interfaces you use to connect the monitors to the computer (DVI, HDMI etc.)? Do you use docking station or USB video adapter? What monitor of all three have this problem?

Best regards.

andrew czerlinsky

Posted: 04/04/2018 01:45:35

I tried the unhide and it appears to re-apply the settings but the third monitor still has no taskbar.  It is set to load at startup.  I tried exiting and then restarting AMM and the there is still no taskbar on the third monitor.  The monitor layout is shown in the PIC.  Monitor 3 is the one that does not work.  

Monitor 1 = Acer ER320HQ - HDMI
Monitor 2 = Viewsonic VX2703 - Displayport to DVI adapter
Monitor 3 = Viewsonic VX2703 VGA

These all plug into a docking station.  Its only whatever is plugged into the VGA which is the third video device on the docking station.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/04/2018 14:56:30

Andrew,

Its only whatever is plugged into the VGA which is the third video device on the docking station.
Do you mean the problem appears with every monitor you connect to VGA and is not associated with particular monitor?

Is it possible that the monitor doesn't show the whole image due to it's settings or resolution settings, and the small stripe of the bottom part is just hidden "beyond" the monitor boundaries? Could you try to change resolution of the monitor and also make sure that the monitor's settings are correct (display size and position)?

Could you also check whether the Start Menu appears on the third monitor when the mouse pointer is placed on it and you press the Windows logo button?

Best regards.

andrew czerlinsky

Posted: 04/06/2018 01:11:56

I just wanted to update.  I tried a USB to VGA adapter instead of just VGA to VGA and the toolbar is now visible on the third monitor so I guess the problem only happens when its VGA to VGA on the third port on the docking station.  Weird but regardless I have my taskbar back now.  :)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register