New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 21
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Hotkey to tell a window to ignore transparency on inactivity , What hotkey do I use to tell a window to NOT go transparent when inactive? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 73725

Jim

Posted: 08/02/2018 23:42:36

Just checking in to see if anything has been done for this?  I run into issues daily with this.  
Is there a alpha/beta build available that contains any of the above discussed options/features?  I'd be happy to test it.  Thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/03/2018 16:07:54

Jim,

Unfortunately, neither the problem with Ignore Deactivation and multiple Chrome windows was fixed, nor the requested ability to disable the transparency feature for a window was implemented. We have other high-priority tasks which are more important right now. We don't have a date of when the problem will be fixed or the feature will be implemented. Most likely the subject fix and feature won't appear in the next version of the program (we have plans to release it in August).

Best regards.

Jim

Posted: 08/25/2018 03:54:49

For anyone else following along: I retested this in the new release - 8.13, still occurs - but that looks to be expected per the last post as it wasn't likely to make it into this build.

Signed up for beta updates so I can get this asap upon implementation. Thanks in advance!

Jim

Posted: 09/29/2018 02:58:07

Best I can tell, this is still an issue in 8.13.1 :-(

Thank you in advance for any build that presents any workaround as discussed above.

Jim

Posted: 10/14/2018 04:03:02

Looks like this is still an issue in the latest - 8.13.2.  

Using the CTRL+ALT+SHFT+I hotkey still results in all other Chrome windows other than the one it was applied too, no longer responding to mouse clicks.

Don't see any new titlebar buttons for deactivating auto transparency on a given window either.

Appreciate anything that can be done to help resolve this.

Jim

Posted: 11/30/2018 00:58:23

Looks like this is still an issue in 8.13.3.  :-(

Would love any sort of workaround for this as I'm still having to pause the application entirely multiple times a day which is problematic.  :-(

Jim

Posted: 01/10/2019 09:15:28

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Jim,

Unfortunately, neither the problem with Ignore Deactivation and multiple Chrome windows was fixed, nor the requested ability to disable the transparency feature for a window was implemented. We have other high-priority tasks which are more important right now. We don't have a date of when the problem will be fixed or the feature will be implemented. Most likely the subject fix and feature won't appear in the next version of the program (we have plans to release it in August).

Best regards.

@Bogdan Polishchuk - has this been resolved in the 8.14 Beta 1 build by chance?  I didn't see it in the build notes, but I would update ASAP if it was!  

If it isn't, could it please be included in this new 8.14 beta build?  I would be more than happy to beta or alpha test this build!  I desperately need one of the above workaround built!  It is a problem for me every day at work!  

Let me know if there is anything I can do to get one of these workarounds implemented in AWM!  Thank you!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/22/2019 14:29:20

Jim,

has this been resolved in the 8.14 Beta 1 build by chance?
Unfortunately, none of this was implemented yet.

We can add the ability to disable the automatic transparency feature for a window in the near time, although not via the hotkey, but via the window menu item.
This feature will be implemented in the next version of the program, which we're going to release soon, most likely this month.

I'm still having to pause the application entirely multiple times a day which is problematic
How many times a day you usually do this?

Best regards.

Jim

Posted: 01/23/2019 00:17:52

Hello Bogdan,

This feature will be implemented in the next version of the program, which we're going to release soon, most likely this month.

Well that's very good news then to hear!  And it would give me a reason to upgrade my license when it expires next month on 2/6/19.  

If this makes it into one of the 8.14 beta builds first, I'd appreciate a heads up here, or an entry in the change log, so I know to try that new beta build ASAP and report back here!  

How many times a day you usually do this?

Since the only workaround I have for the moment is pausing Actual Window Manager entirely; I don't do this as much as I would if I had a better way to work around this, as discussed here; because pausing AWM has it's own issues / consequences.  So right now, I only Pause to work around this when have to.  So I'm finding that I'm pausing AWM about 3-4x a day on average, saving that for when I have no other choice to accomplish what I need to do.   Other times, I just click back and forth on two different windows / monitors to keep them active every few seconds, hardly ideal!

However, if I had even the "disable the automatic transparency feature for a window" workaround discussed here instead, I would easily do this a dozen times a day, and on some days, much more!  

As for why I'm doing this - my workstation here at work, has six separate, 22" monitors that I use.  The vast majority of what I'm working on / in, and monitoring, is all done in the web browser.  So at any given time, I have a minimum of 5 different Chrome windows open, spread across 4 of those 6 monitors!  I very frequently have to take information from one monitor, and reference it / work on it on another monitor, which is when this becomes problematic.  Another situation is when I have a video playing on one monitor, but I'm working on another - the video goes transparent etc.  

However the transparency is something that I love!  I really don't want to disable it all the time, it's one of my favorite features of AWM!  It greatly reduces the brightness of my monitors, increases privacy, allows me to enjoy my desktop wallpapers, and helps maintain focus / productivity by tracking which monitor is "active".  So I really want to have it enabled, most of the time.  It's just when I have to simultaneously use more than one monitor, that it becomes problematic, as for the reasons noted originally.  

Thanks!

Jim

Posted: 02/17/2019 01:56:22

I was excited to see this in the new Beta 2 release notes!

[+] Window Actions: The ability is added to turn off automatic semi-transparency
   on deactivation or mouse hovering for a certain window (see the "Options -
   Transparency" submenu in window's context menu).

Found the option in question under Context->Options->Transparency->Disable automatic transparency.  I tried turning it off and on for a specific Window, and I'm super happy to say that it works as expected! Thank you so much for getting this workaround in place for me!

This will hold me over until what time one of the other long term solutions (such as fixing the hotkey) that was mentioned is implemented, if ever.  Thanks again.

Messages 11 - 20 of 21
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register