Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Tile Layout lines always visible after running an app , The tile layout lines are visible after minimizing and opening a specific app, MobaXterm » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11840

Abhinandan Dodamani

Posted: 03/06/2018 17:15:49

The tile layout lines appear when you run MobaXterm application.  Typically, I use an SSH session.  After that, if I minimize the app and open it again, the lines appear on all my 3 monitors and do not go away until I stop running the actual multiple monitors app.  Exiting the MobaXterm app does not make any difference.

I am using AMM 8.12 on Windows 10 64-bit with all the latest patches, etc.  The MobaXterm application is version 10.4 professional.

This is something I use everyday and its very annoying to see the lines on all my monitor.

Prompt support will be appreciated....

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/12/2018 23:20:59

Hello, Abhinandan

The tile layout lines appear when you run MobaXterm application.
I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Are you able to reproduce it each time or it happens only sometimes?

Could you clarify, the problem happens during an SSH session or after you stop the session?

How exactly you minimize and restore MobaXterm?

Is it possible to reproduce the problem without starting an SSH session?

Best regards.

Abhinandan Dodamani

Posted: 03/22/2018 20:00:24

Hello Bogdan,

It happens every time.  Following is the procedure to reproduce the problem:

1) Run MobaXterm application
2) Open an ssh session (local or to a real IP address)
3) Minimize Mobaxterm application
4) Open the MobaXterm application by clicking on its icon in the Windows Taskbar
5) The tile layout lines appear on all connected monitor(s)

To make the lines disappear, perform the following:
1) Open AMM from the minimized icon, right-clicking it and sel ect Configure
2) On AMM, fr om "Tools" menu select "Control Center"
3) Click the "Exit AMM" button.  Wait for a few seconds, the tiles disappear.
4) Click "Start AMM"
Now, the lines stay away, until I open a NEW ssh session, minimize it and open it again as described in above 1set of procedures.

If I quit the MobaXterm application after the tile layout lines appear, the lines do not go away.  I have to stop/start the AMM.

The probem does not appear if I do NOT run any ssh session after launching MobaXterm.

Thanks & Regards,
Abhinandan

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/30/2018 13:21:18

Hello, Abhinandan

As I can see, tile layout frame starts to persit permanently when an SSH session is open in different cases:
- when I maximize the MobaXterm window usual way (standard maximize title button or double click on title bar);
- when I switch from the fullscreen mode to window mode;
- when I put the window into divider tile in any way;
- when I hide/show the left panel of the MobaXterm window.

The only way I was able to reproduce the issue upon restoring the window from minimized state is when I maximize the window to the monitor with the standard Windows AeroSnap feature (drag the window to the top border of the monitor, then release), then minimize and restore the window. In other cases (if I minimize and restore the window in the usual window state etc.) the problem doesn't appear.

Could you provide more detailed step-by-step description of how you reproduce the problem specifying the window state for each step?

Also, I was able to easily make the tile layout frame hide by moving the MobaXterm window, activating the desktop divider feature (so that the red frame appeared on the current tile) and releasing the window without putting it to the tile. Can you confirm this behavior?

Could you also send us a screenshot of your MobaXterm window with SSH session started so that we could see your MobaXterm view settings?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register