Login
Register

Topic: «Taskbar resets on reboot » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6748

Soul

Posted: 01/22/2018 03:21:05

Info:
Actual Window Manager 8.11.3
Windows 10 64-bit version 1709

A little background. I have 3 monitors, arranged 3, 1, 2. I'm using AWM's taskbar on monitor 3, no taskbar on monitor 1, and system taskbar on monitor 2. This has mostly worked fine since around July of last year.

A problem has started occurring where (seemingly randomly) when I shutdown my PC and boot again the next day, the taskbar on monitor 3 has a chance to reset and not display any of my pinned links. This is especially annoying because it had 47 shortcuts on it (3 icon height taskbar). I don't use desktop icons (they are disabled) so start menu and taskbar icons are how I quick navigate Windows.

All of my pinned items are still in the PinnedLinks folder in
Code
%appdata%/Actual Tools/Acual Window Manager/

User added an image

This has happened once before (maybe a week or so ago), and I just manually re-added all of the items to the taskbar. It was tedious but worked. Today I booted my PC to find out that it happened again.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/05/2018 11:27:26

Hello Soul,

Thanks for the post.

Could you install the current 8.12 beta 2 version of Actual Window Manager (download link - https://www.actualtools.com/files/aim8120b2.exe ) and check whether the issue persists or not? If the issue persists, please send us your configuration files twice (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) with correct and incorrect taskbar settings. Please also attach a link to this thread to your configuration files and specify which taskbar Toolbars you have enabled.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register