Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Chrome and mouse scroll wheel » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10491

Paul Genovese

Posted: 01/10/2018 00:28:30

I've been having a problem with Chrome for quite awhile and always blamed Google, until now.  I found that having the AIM Mouse Drag and Scroll option for Scroll inactive windows with mouse wheel turned on causes a problem with scrolling down with the mouse wheel in Chrome. Scrolling up works but scrolling down does not.  The funny thing is this is when the Chrome window is active, but it actually does scroll properly in Chrome if the Chrome window is inactive.  

I accidentally found that it was AIM causing the problem when I disabled AIM for an update.  All of a sudden Chrome scrolling worked as expected.  I enabled AIM again and it broke scrolling in Chrome again.  I disabled the Chrome specific settings in AIM, but Chrome still wouldn't scroll down if the Scroll inactive option was turned on.  

I even entered Chrome into the Exclusions list but it still didn't work until I disabled the Scroll inactive window setting (I have everything else in the Mouse section disabled as I don't use anything else in there) and then Chrome scrolled properly again.

I haven't noticed this problem with any other application except Chrome, but turning this option off definitely fixes the problem

This apparently has been a problem with AIM for quite awhile going back a number of versions.  I am currently running Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates with AIM 8.11.3 and it is still causing this issue in Chrome.

So for now I've disabled the Scroll inactive windows option and all is good, but I do miss having that option enabled, even if I use it only occasionally.

cinn kid

Posted: 01/10/2018 05:22:50

This same thing is happening with me.  I just registered the Actual Multi Monitor app, I had used the trial version for 30 days no problem with mouse.  I downloaded the latest copy and did a clean install.  
I use with Chrome  Sandboxie which operates Chrome in a virtual sandbox to protect OS and system from virus and other malware.  
After the new Registered install of AMM I could no longer scroll down with my mouse in a Chrome browser inside of Sandboxie but I could with the unsandboxed Chrome.  I assumed this was a sandboxie issue and was about to write for help on their forum but decided to check back here 1st, and saw Paul's post above describing my exact problem.. This is a Acutuals issue and needs to be fixed.

It is very annoying not to be able to use the scroll feature on a mouse.  I am online using my browser for both work and pleasure at least 10 hours a day.  This has to get resolved quickly please.

In addition, I asked in a previous post :
here: https://goo.gl/au27SR - How to use specifc settings for Sandboxie?

Please help me make AMM really work great for my setup  .. ty

Corneliu GIURGIU
Advanced user

Posted: 01/10/2018 18:43:50

Maybe this is helpful to someone...

I had similar issues but will all sorts of windows, not only Chrome, and it started after upgrading W10 to 1703, or at least that's when I noticed it. I worked around it by disabling the option in AWM and enabling it in W10 mouse settings (if not already active):

Paul Genovese

Posted: 01/11/2018 07:30:57

Corneliu GIURGIU wrote:
Maybe this is helpful to someone...

I had similar issues but will all sorts of windows, not only Chrome, and it started after upgrading W10 to 1703, or at least that's when I noticed it. I worked around it by disabling the option in AWM and enabling it in W10 mouse settings (if not already active):

That is exactly the problem option that I was reporting in my original post.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/18/2018 22:36:19

Hello, gentlemen

Some users of our software encountered this problem previously, and they noted that problem persisted when the "Scroll inactive..." option was enabled both in our product settings and in Windows 10 settings at the same time. They were able to solve the problem by disabling the "Scroll inactive..." in Windows settings. Could you try to leave option enabled in AWM/AMM only and see whether it solves the problem?

Best regards.

Paul Genovese

Posted: 01/26/2018 06:51:36

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, gentlemen

Some users of our software encountered this problem previously, and they noted that problem persisted when the "Scroll inactive..." option was enabled both in our product settings and in Windows 10 settings at the same time. They were able to solve the problem by disabling the "Scroll inactive..." in Windows settings. Could you try to leave option enabled in AWM/AMM only and see whether it solves the problem?

Best regards.

This does appear to be the case.  I can have either the Windows 10 option enabled, or the AWM option enabled, but not both.  Otherwise it breaks Google Chrome scrolling all together.

To be honest, I didn't even know Microsoft added this feature in Windows 10 as for years I have been using the this AWM feature to fill the obvious and glaring hole in all previous versions of Windows.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register