Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop Divider screen edge » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4968

hux

Posted: 11/23/2017 02:21:46

I'm loving Desktop Divider, but I have a problem.

I disabled the default Windows feature where it maximizes windows dragged to the screen edge. I then enabled Desktop Divider and divided my screen into thirds - left, middle and right. What I want to be able to do is drag a window to the screen edge and then have it maximize into that tile. It's a lot easier to do that than to aim for a defined maximize area within each tile.

However, it seems that Desktop Divider ignores the last pixel at the edge of the screen. So what happens is, I click and drag to the edge, then release and the window just sits there, the same size as before. If I release one pixel prior to the edge, it maximizes into that tile, as expected.

Is there a setting to enable Desktop Divider to "see" the very edge of the screen so that it can work the way I'd like it to?

Thanks.

PS Thanks for a great product!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/23/2017 21:53:33

Hello, hux

I can confirm this problem. This is a problem and not the settings. Desktop Divider should cover the whole desktop area and shouldn't ignore the last pixel. We'll try to fix this and will post in this topic when the problem is fixed.

Could you also specify your OS (version, 32- or 64-bit), and name and version of our product you're running?

Best regards.

hux

Posted: 11/24/2017 13:19:09

Thanks for the reply! Here are my details:
  • Product: Actual Window Manager 8.10.2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/24/2017 13:33:47

hux,

Thank you for the information.

Best regards.

Stephen Mcmillen

Posted: 05/17/2023 03:26:13

Did you ever figure this out? I'm dealing with it now, trying to get it to work. I constantly have to:

Maximize or pull the window away, then right back to fix it.
Deal with the frustration, especially when I'm moving quickly.
Try to move a window, but it grabs the edge to resize.
Find that since I'm already thinking about where to put the window, I inadvertently resize it.
Notice that it takes the window out of the tile and wants to maximize.
Attempt to put it back, but it's too late.
Realize that it has decided a half-maximized window is what I get.
Manually go and drag the edges back to normal.

It drives me crazy, especially when I'm in a rush and have to deal with this sequence of events.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/24/2023 20:43:05

Hello, Stephen

Thank you for contacting us.

The put into a desktop divider tile behavior is like this on purpose - so that it doesn't prevent the Aero Snap feature from working. Unfortunately, we haven't implemented yet different behavior for the cases when Aero Snap is disabled. We'll post in this topic when the problem is fixed.

I constantly have to:

Maximize or pull the window away, then right back to fix it.
Deal with the frustration, especially when I'm moving quickly.
Try to move a window, but it grabs the edge to resize.
I don't really understand the actions sequence you describe. Could you please describe the actions more clearly?

Do you use the standard Windows Aero Snap feature or AMM Aero Snap? Probably the problem wouldn't be so severe if you disable the Aero Snap features. You can disable them via our software settings (AMM configuration module > Layout and Snap > Windows Snapping > "Aero Snap..." and "Disable the native Windows 7 snap" options).

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register