Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AVD Long Long Load Time and Mouse Cursor Lag , Active Virtual Desktops requires over 1 minute to start » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10049

Gary Rosner

Posted: 11/16/2017 03:28:34

I want to thank you again and reiterate that Active Virtual Desktops continues to be a valuable tool.
I am using AVD 08.11.12. I hope my occasional reports of my concerns are appropriate.

During the AVD startup (Initial AVD software Load), my rig behaves erratically:
  • System Load time is 45 seconds to well over a minute.
    Keyboard seems frozen and Mouse Cursor become jumpy and significantly lags behind mouse moves.
    Task Manager-> Resource Monitor freezes, and completely stops displaying updates until AVD finishes loading.
    My 2 or 3 open windows programs become transparent, then refresh.

Can you shed some light on this situation?
What is the Normal Load Time I should expect?
Is the mouse and keyboard delay / lag normal?
Are there any services I should check?

I do run use other utility software. I tried disabling all of my utilities, but I continue to see the slow AVD Load times and Mouse and Keyboard lag when loading AVD. Once AVD is loaded, system returns to normal operation.

I do not observe this behavior with any other programs that I startup. I tried enabling the AVD log, but that made no difference in load times and did not provide any new information.

I have an otherwise fast rig and graphics card :
32GB DDR3
Intel I7 3770K Quad Core # 3.5Ghz
AMD R9-390
Qty:3, 4K Dell 2715Q monitors

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/17/2017 00:31:36

Gary,

I want to thank you again and reiterate that Active Virtual Desktops continues to be a valuable tool.
Thank you for your high appreciation of our work. It's true pleasure to have such grateful users like you!

Normally, start of Actual Virtual Desktops shouldn't cause the problems you desribe.

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

Did this problem always persisted or it started to appear at some moment? Can you recall when the problem started?

During the AVD startup (Initial AVD software Load), my rig behaves erratically
Does it happen only when Actual Virtual Desktops is loaded at system's startup automatically or it also happens if you manually start the program some time after the system's startup?

Task Manager-> Resource Monitor freezes, and completely stops displaying updates until AVD finishes loading.
When AVD finishes loading and resource monitor starts working again, does it show the values for the time system was slowed down? What are they?

Best regards.

Gary Rosner

Posted: 11/17/2017 04:09:49

Thank you for answering me. your comments and questions clued me in to other possibilities:
So far, I've reduced initial AVD Load time from 45-60 seconds down to 7-10 seconds.

1. Apparently, Windows (I use 64-bit Anniversary) was or still is a known issue.
To resolve my issue I rebooted after performing a netsh winsock reset as described in http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-computer-freezes-randomly-windows-10.html

I also found additional information on http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-10-freeze-computer-try/

We will see if my problem returns.

To answer your other questions, just to close the loop:

During the AVD startup (Initial AVD software Load), my rig behaves erratically
Does it happen only when Actual Virtual Desktops is loaded at system's startup automatically or it also happens if you manually start the program some time after the system's startup?
The delay did NOT happen if I configured AVD to start with windows. The delay I described happened whenever I launched AVD by clicking on the AVD icon and opening the program.

When AVD finishes loading and resource monitor starts working again, does it show the values for the time system was slowed down? What are they?
I could not find a column that would show the delay times. All other columns looked normal (CPU, Average CPU, Cycle, etc.)

Again, Thanks for your assistance!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/24/2017 13:36:05

Hello, Gary

I'm glad that you've managed to solve the problem.

Thank you for the provided links, this information may be useful for us.

Contact us, if the problem returns.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register