Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Move To Monitor button doesn't show up when a second monitor is plugged in » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6739

James Martin

Posted: 11/11/2017 03:05:55

Hi,

Is there a way to make the Move To Monitor button show up on currently opened windows when I plug a second monitor in?

If I open programs while I have only my normal monitor, they don't have the button (which makes sense). But if I have the program open and then plug a second monitor in, the button doesn't appear until I close the program and start it again.

Is there a way to make it happen automatically?

Thanks in advance.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/12/2017 23:22:28

Hello, James

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

What our product are you running (name, version)?

But if I have the program open and then plug a second monitor in, the button doesn't appear until I close the program and start it again.
What is this monitor? What interfaces do you use to connect the monitor to the computer (HDMI, DVI etc.)? Do you use a USB video adapter or a docking station?

Is the monitor recognized in the configuration module of the Actual Tools product after you plug it (Configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Monitors Layout and Settings)?

Best regards.

James Martin

Posted: 12/03/2017 19:40:02

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

In answer to your questions:

I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit.

The product is Actual Window Manager 8.11.2.

The monitor is plugged in via a USB-C port. It is a VGA monitor with a VGA to USB-C adapter.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/04/2017 19:11:23

James,

Is the monitor recognized in the configuration module of Actual Window Manager after you plug it (Configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Monitors Layout and Settings)?

Does the AWM taskbar appear on the monitor when you plug it?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register