New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 71 - 74 of 74
First | Prev. | 4 5 6 7 8 | Next | Last 

Topic: «awm causing major performance problems , browsing in windows explorer bad when running awm » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 320866

Nils Nilsson

Posted: 09/26/2018 18:56:13

This might be related to the serious performance problems I see when either connecting or disconnecting a TB3 dock, which makes AWS go crazy.

Aleksandr Raschetin

Posted: 10/26/2018 14:43:04

Dears,
the same problem with performance is reproduced during connecting/disconnecting to a wireless display.

Regards,
Alex

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/08/2018 04:00:40

Hello, gentlemen

Sorry for the delay.

Aleksandr,

Now I'm absolutely sure that problem is replicated only when USB TYPE-C monitor is connected. Issue is replicated on NUC8i7HVK even with two monitors (mDP + Type-C).
Have you tried to reproduce the problem with the monitor connected to USB Type-C alone? Does the problem persist in this case?

the same problem with performance is reproduced during connecting/disconnecting to a wireless display.
What exactly wireless display you use? To what port the monitor adapter is connected?

Nils,

This might be related to the serious performance problems I see when either connecting or disconnecting a TB3 dock, which makes AWS go crazy.
Could you describe the problem more detailed?

Does it depend on what monitors are connected to the dock?

Could you specify our product you're running and your OS in this topic as well?

Please open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc combination), reproduce the issue and see what the values of common CPU usage and memory usage are (Performance tab) and what processes have the greatest values of the CPU and Memory parameters (in Windows 8 and 10 - the Details tab) when the problem is happening. Let us know the results.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/13/2020 03:20:20

Hello, everyone

I'm glad to notify you that we've made some changes in our software that should improve the performance in this situation and eliminate the described lags. The fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.4 and the latest version of Actual Multiple Monitors 8.14.4 as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually. Could you please try this version and let us know whether it improves the performance.

Best regards.

Messages 71 - 74 of 74
First | Prev. | 4 5 6 7 8 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 8, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register