New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 31 - 40 of 74
First | Prev. | 2 3 4 5 6 | Next | Last 

Topic: «awm causing major performance problems , browsing in windows explorer bad when running awm » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 318636

Grant Kim

Posted: 02/09/2018 01:33:51

Vasiliy Ivachev wrote:
Hello gentlemen,

There is a problem with CPUs that has more than 4 cores/threads. Unfortunately it's not figured out yet what exactly causes the problem appearing. However, it seems there is a workaround.

Grant and Jim, please follow these steps and inform us about your results:
1. Run the AffinityMaskAIM.reg file (download link - http://actualtools.com/hfiles/hidden/AffinityMaskAIM.reg );
2. Restart Actual Window Manager and check whether the issue persists or not.

Thank you for the workaround. With the registry, the performance issues not severe as before but still, there is noticeable performance degrades with AWM.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/21/2018 20:55:23

Hello, gentlemen

Vasiliy Ivachev wrote:
1. Run the AffinityMaskAIM.reg file (download link - http://actualtools.com/hfiles/hidden/AffinityMaskAIM.reg );
2. Restart Actual Window Manager and check whether the issue persists or not.

Although this .reg file can be used as workaround, main purpose of executing it is to check whether the performance problems on particular computer is associated with use of a multi-core processor. When the test is done, the registy settings can be easily restored by executing other .reg file - AffinityMaskAIM_Delete.reg.
In fact executing of the first file limits the number of available logical processors to four (it is called affinity settings) for our product and for Windows explorer and, as a result, for many other programs too, which in fact makes all other logical processors useless, as they're not involved in executing of the most of the programs. In case of resource-intensive programs this can lead to slowing down of the system.
But the affinity settings can be adjusted specially for particular programs in your system via specific settings of the Actual Tools product or in the Task Manager > Details tab (or Processes tab in Windows 7). So, if you want to use this .reg file as workaround, but you have the slow down problem associated with resource-intensive programs, you can adjust the affinity settings specially for particular programs to engage more logical processors in executing them. Let us know if you need more detailed instructions of how to do this.

Nils,

Using Windows.10.Virtual.Desktop.Enhancer.0.11.1 for now
Please try the latest version 8.11.3 and see whether the problem you had persists in this version. There were some other issues which also caused performance problems and they have been fixed.

There is a problem with CPUs that has more than 4 cores/threads.
Does this mean actual cores or virtual ones since many modern CPUs have 4 actual and 8 virtual cores?
Actually, this means logical processors, no matter if their number equals the number of cores or exceeds it due to hyperthreading technology. By now, the smallest number of logical processors this problem has been noticed with is 6.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/15/2018 07:01:22

Hello, Grant

Do you mind installing custom build of Actual Window Manager (probably, several custom builds), which could help us to figure out what causes the problem?

Best regards.

Grant Kim

Posted: 03/24/2018 18:41:30

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Grant

Do you mind installing custom build of Actual Window Manager (probably, several custom builds), which could help us to figure out what causes the problem?

Best regards.

Sure, I'm glad to if available.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/28/2018 17:31:17

Grant,

I've sent you a link to the custom build of AWM via private message. Could you install it and see whether the problem persists with this build?

Best regards.

Grant Kim

Posted: 03/28/2018 21:43:12

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Grant,

I've sent you a link to the custom build of AWM via private message. Could you install it and see whether the problem persists with this build?

Best regards.

Hi Bogdan.
I've just installed the custom build and this one is a lot better so far but game performance issue still persists.

I'll keep testing this version and will update status :)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/12/2018 03:23:38

Hello, Grant

Can you tell something new about the testing of the custom build?

Could you also specify your mouse and keyboard model?

Best regards.

Grant Kim

Posted: 04/14/2018 23:55:35

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Grant

Can you tell something new about the testing of the custom build?

Could you also specify your mouse and keyboard model?

Best regards.

Hi, Bogdan.

Here I would like to share the result so far with the custom build.

Differences:
1. With the custom build, windows creation is better than stable build.
2. Moving windows is smoother with the custom build. Especially when maximize or restore windows.
3. Custom build starting faster.

Same:
1. As this thread: (https://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?PAGEN_1=1&FID=10&TID=4545#nav_start) program and mouse lag when starting a program.
2. Game lag. It seems Keyboard doesn't matter at all but any mouse with 1000Hz polling rate cause this. When moving a mouse, screen freezes until I stop.
2. a. The keyboard and mouse that I have tested with are Coolermaster Novatouch TKL, Razer Mamba Tournament Edition, and Logitech G102IC Prodigy.

Thank you.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/17/2018 14:56:46

Grant,

Do you have Logitech SetPoint installed in your system? Could you temporarily uninstall it or at least close it completely and see whether the problems still persist?

Best regards.

Grant Kim

Posted: 04/20/2018 03:20:57

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Grant,

Do you have Logitech SetPoint installed in your system? Could you temporarily uninstall it or at least close it completely and see whether the problems still persist?

Best regards.

Hi, Bogdan.

Yes, I have removed the mouse software but the problem persists.

Thanks.

Messages 31 - 40 of 74
First | Prev. | 2 3 4 5 6 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 18, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register