New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 61 - 70 of 74
First | Prev. | 4 5 6 7 8 | Next | Last 

Topic: «awm causing major performance problems , browsing in windows explorer bad when running awm » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 318368

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/06/2018 16:12:16

Hello, Quintes

Could you please describe the problems you have as detailed as possible.

I'm getting freezes on screen redraws
What exactly screen redraws do you mean? What events these redraws are associated with?

Do these freezes happen on every screen redraw?

occasional crashes
Do you get any error message windows when this happens? Could you send us a screenshot of the window?

At what moments the crashes happen? Are they associated with some events in the system?

heavy delays on mouse response
At what moments this happens? How long the lags usually last?

Please provide the following information:
- processor model;
- the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear);
- graphics card model;
- mouses/keyboards models and special software related to them;
- number of the monitors, their resolutions and DPI settings (size percentage 100%, 125% etc.).

Also I've sent you a link to the custom build via private message. Could you install it and see whether it solves the problem?

Best regards.

Aleksandr Raschetin

Posted: 06/12/2018 17:24:24

Hi Bogdan!
Is any update for me? Maybe you have a test build? I can test it, because now I'm not using AWM at all.

Regards,
Alex

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/19/2018 16:39:27

Hello, Aleksandr

What interfaces you use to connect the external monitors to the laptop (DVI, HDMI etc., on the laptop and on the monitors)? Do you use a docking station or USB video adapters?

Best regards.

Aleksandr Raschetin

Posted: 06/20/2018 16:09:01

There are few ways:
1. Display port on docking station. Two monitors are connected in series using MST (DP)
2. Thunder port 3 on laptop. One monitor is connected using JCA374 USB TYPE-C MULTI-ADAPTER (HDMI)

Regards,
Alex

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/21/2018 17:20:00

Aleksandr,

Could you open the Task Manager > Processes tab, reproduce the both problems separately and see what processes have the greatest values of the CPU and Memory parameters during both problems (you can sort the processes by these parameters, descending). Also see the common CPU and Memory consumption in the system during both problems (the Performance tab). Let us know the results.

Best regards.

Aleksandr Raschetin

Posted: 07/14/2018 15:25:45

Hi Bogdan!

with docking station:

When AWM is starting ActualWindowManagerCenter.exe *32 CPU is 12% (the highest load) Memory is 9256

Common CPU goes up to 60%

I'm not sure about this method is accuracy. Task manager  is also freeze during AWM start / change screen resolution.

Maybe you have counters list for Performance Monitor? Then I could collect relevant data and will send it to you.

Regards,
Alex

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/23/2018 16:28:28

Aleksandr,

Maybe you have counters list for Performance Monitor?
Unfortunately, our software doesn't have counters list.

I've sent you a link to the test build of Actual Window Manager via private message. Please see whether the problems persist in this version and let us know the results.

Best regards.

Aleksandr Raschetin

Posted: 08/01/2018 17:36:13

Hi Bogdan!

I have tried to use common build on my Hades Canyon (NUC8i7HVK) with 3 monitor configuration (2 on display port + Type-C converter) and there is no any issue with freezing. Only slowdown during switch game in full-screen and back for 1-2 seconds.

As for test build. I have tried it on P50 only. When i use it with 1 external monitor - no freezing. But when i connect 2 external monitor (never mind HDMI/DP/Type-C adapter) slowdown increasing. With 3 monitors freezing for few seconds (less than 10), not as before for 30 sec.

Regards,
Alex

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/03/2018 16:30:36

Aleksandr,

Could you install the latest beta version 8.13 beta 2 on the P50 laptop and see whether the problem persists.

Best regards.

Aleksandr Raschetin

Posted: 09/24/2018 19:50:04

Shalom Bogdan!

I'm sorry for long answer. I was busy with relocation to Israel.

I have got new monitor ASUS MB16AC. This monitor uses USB Type-C connection.

Also I have installed latest version of AWM.

Now I'm absolutely sure that problem is replicated only when USB TYPE-C monitor is connected. Issue is replicated on NUC8i7HVK even with two monitors (mDP + Type-C).

At latest version 8.13 with two monitors (mDP + HDMI) I have paid attention for significant performance increasing. In this case AWM starts smoothly without any delays. Also there is no delay when full-screen game is starting. Great job! :)  

Regards,
Alex

Messages 61 - 70 of 74
First | Prev. | 4 5 6 7 8 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 8, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login