Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Windows , How To Completely Remove Actual Windows » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 19906

John Purdy

Posted: 08/28/2017 21:25:45

I've done something wrong with my copy of Actual Windows and can not fix it.  I would like to either reset the program to default values or completely remove and re-install.

My installation:
Date of Purchase: 7-Oct-15
Actual Window Manager
Product Version 8.6
Windows 10 Pro

It appears that the problem I'm having is when multiple windows of Outlook are open, they are somehow bundled together and I can't get to any one.

Many thanks for your help.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/29/2017 00:01:19

Hello, John

I already replied to you regarding this problem in this topic.

There is a way to reset the program to the default settings, but i doubt the problem is caused by some Actual Window Manager settings.

To reset to default setttings exit Actual Window Manager completely and go to %appdata%\Actual Tools and delete the Actual Window Manager folder. Then restart the program. If this doesn't help, could you describe the problem more detailed?

when multiple windows of Outlook are open, they are somehow bundled together and I can't get to any one
Do you mean, you're unable to switch focus to one of Outlook windows by clicking it's window preview?

John Purdy

Posted: 08/29/2017 00:21:36

I'll have to look for your prior reply, and I apologize for not responding.

I tried what you suggested and the problem continues.  

Below is a picture of the problem:

If I mouse over the Outlook Icon in the Task Bar, I can see too screens for Outlook, but when I move the mouse out of the Task Bar, the preview goes away.

I can right click and get the following options:

John Purdy

Posted: 08/29/2017 00:22:07

Here's the other image.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/29/2017 00:35:14

John,

Could you clarify what the problem is? Is the problem that taskbar buttons are combined, or that taskbar preview thumbnails appear or that they close before you can click them?

Do you mean previously there were no such previews?

John Purdy

Posted: 08/29/2017 03:11:25

To be clear, buttons (icons) on the task bar are not combined.

Mouse over the Outlook button (Icon) shows two miniature windows.

The miniature windows disappear when I move the mouse over the miniature windows.

Does this help?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/29/2017 20:34:16

John,

To be clear, buttons (icons) on the task bar are not combined.
It's hard to see whether it is group icon of MS Office application or single icon due to very small resolution of your screenshots. But the Combine taskbar buttons option (System taskbar context menu > Settings > Combine taskbar buttons) is clearly enabled in your system.

So how the taskbar buttons can be not combined? Are the windows on different monitors?

John Purdy

Posted: 08/29/2017 22:03:56

Well, the Taskbar setting, "Multible displays Show taskbar on all displays" was off.  I turned it on.

While Actual Windows is currently paused, the icons now appear on both screen and there is no problem with grouped screens.  

When I turned on Actual Windows, Outlook windows grouped again without access with a mouse over.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/31/2017 04:14:51

John,

While Actual Windows is currently paused, the icons now appear on both screen and there is no problem with grouped screens.  

When I turned on Actual Windows, Outlook windows grouped again without access with a mouse over.
Are the Outlook windows on different monitors or they're on the same monitor when you turn on Actual Window Manager?

You didn't have this problem with the same version of Actual Window Manager some time ago, right?

Were the taskbar previews for Outlook displayed when you didn't have this problem?

What mode of Actual Window Manager taskbar are you using (Configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Mode)? Try Individual taskbar and see whether it solves the problem. Let us know the result.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register