New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 18
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «black background in all monitors , amm 8.11.1 wont apply background images » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 27984

ivan becerra

Posted: 08/20/2017 11:06:53

amm 8.11.1 registered
windows 10 pro 64 bits
monitors 1x1440p  /  1x1200p vertical  /  1x3840x2160 tv

Hello, today i decided to change my desktop backgrounds "individual picture on each monitor Static"

changed the first 2 images and no problem, when i selected the new background  for the 4k tv and hit

apply all the monitors went black background. i have tried restarting the computer, selecting

different images from different drives. checking the images so there is no change of file corruption

windows setting shows solid black selected, if i change image by windows it does work. but as soon  

as i start amm it goes black. "closed the program to test"

so it seems that its amm sending the blackout order.

help :_[

i don't think it matters but here are my system specs
16gb
1080ti
8xhdd+1ssd
no software that could be interfering with this but here it is anyway

razer synapse/ steam/ daemon tools/ shell folder fix/ avast free/ logitech set point

i never had any problems before, i always change my desktop background at least once a month.
the only thing i remember doing different this time is that i hit apply after changing 2 images. and that the 3rd picture was in another hdd. all images are .jpg

thank you in advance.

NeoCJ

Posted: 08/20/2017 14:40:43

This is just a stab in the dark, but does the third image have a non standard character in the name or path? I had a folder containing "★" in the name, and everytime I'd try to display wallpapers in it on AMM, all my screens would turn blank.
It also happened on some files that seemed to have a normal name, but when I renamed those they worked again.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/20/2017 21:55:21

Hello, gentlemen

Ivan,

Could you try NeoCJ's guess and let us know the results.

windows setting shows solid black selected, if i change image by windows it does work. but as soon as i start amm it goes black.
Could you change the Windows solid color background setting to other color than black, set some picture to background (also via Windows settings), then start AMM and see to what color the background changes.

Does the background change to solid color when there are no pictures specified in the "Picture file" field of "Individual picture on each monitor" mode for each monitor?

Could you clear this field for each monitor and try to set some other solid color via Actual Multiple Monitors settings in the same section of the configuration module? Does the color appear on the desktop? What happens if you exit AMM and start again?

Best regards.

ivan becerra

Posted: 08/21/2017 07:23:28

Hello, thank you for the help.

D:\Downloads\HDphotos      path for the pictures

renamed all the folder contents just to be sure, to "desktop" +number
there was no non standard character present.

i changed via windows settings to gray and it changed, then selected a picture from my folder and it worked. went into amm and all the 3 slots were empty.
at this point the picture i selected via windows is still in the background.

i proceeded to select my 3 pictures and hit apply, as soon as i did, all background went gray.

cleared the 3 pictures then hit apply, remained gray, changed solid color to black via amm for all monitors and hit apply and it did change to black.

exit amm and nothing happens, black background. then i restart amm and all went gray :/

haaalp

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/21/2017 20:10:40

Ivan,

Do you sign in with a Microsoft account when using Windows? If yes, then could you temporarily disable the "Sync Settings" option (Start button > Settings icon > Accounts > Sync your settings > Turn off the switch next to Sync Settings). Then try to set individual pictures for each monitor in Actual Multiple Monitors. Let us know the results.

ivan becerra

Posted: 08/22/2017 08:53:16

hello, turned off sync. still the same. :[

should i try removing amm and reinstalling? i ran out of ideas.

--
so i exit amm then i uninstalled, then deleted amm app data folder, then restarted computer.

reinstalled amm. and still the same :[ i thought i had to reenter my license but its grayed out its that normal?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/22/2017 12:36:27

Ivan,

Could you create a new local Windows account, don't sign in with a Microsoft account when using it, and try to launch Actual Multiple Monitors when under this account and see whether it's possible to set different pictures for each monitor?

ivan becerra

Posted: 08/23/2017 12:14:43

will do, as soon as i have some free time and report the results asap

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/24/2017 16:41:02

Ivan,

We've managed to figure out what causes this problem. Could you download this file UseJPEGCodec.reg, install it and see whether the problem has gone?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/25/2017 14:56:20

Ivan,

In order for this .reg file to take effect, the test build should be installed. I'll send you a link to the test build. Could you install it and let us know the results?

Messages 1 - 10 of 18
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register