New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 18 of 18
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «black background in all monitors , amm 8.11.1 wont apply background images » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 28080

ivan becerra

Posted: 08/26/2017 08:15:02

hello, thank you for your help,

i corrected the problem today "or i think i did" may be just a coincidence.

take in consideration, that before this i tried many ways very similar order but nothing worked.

steps in this exact order fixed the no background for some reason i cant understand.

1-started computer and when into amm->configure->background and removed all my images then hit apply and closed amm window. "not the program"

2- went into windows settings and selected an image for background and selected "fill" in "chose a fit".
"image is displayed correctly in all monitors" closed personalize. restarted computer.

3-after restart went into amm configure and background. selected "current windows background" hit apply then hit settings, the personalize window opened and i just close it. hit ok in amm and restarted the computer.

4- Witchcraft

after computer restarted and went into amm configure/background. changed into individual picture for each monitor, selected my images and its working again. selected more images to test, rebooted computer, changed backgrounds again and again. and it seems to be working as intended.

so it seems that step 4 really did the trick. :/

what have you guys found that caused this behavior? the lost background control?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager\Command Center\Plugins\WallpaperManager]
"use_jpeg_codec"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"JPEGImportQuality"=dword:0000005f

what does this lines actually doing? more Witchcraft? heh.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/28/2017 21:19:10

Hello, Ivan

I'm glad you've managed to solve this problem.

As I understand, you didn't have to install the .reg file and the test build in order for this problem to be fixed, right?

By "Witchcraft" you mean unknown processes in the system/our program?  :) Were any actions actually performed by you during this phase?

what have you guys found that caused this behavior? the lost background control?
In short, the problem was associated with the fact there is the limitation to the size of the final desktop wallpaper file in the system, and there is the parameter in the system, which influences the size of this file. Together with the fact that our programs convert their own wallpaper files to .png format, which results in bigger size, it all caused this problem.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager\Command Center\Plugins\WallpaperManager]
"use_jpeg_codec"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"JPEGImportQuality"=dword:0000005f

what does this lines actually doing? more Witchcraft? heh.
The first one makes AWM (for now it only applies to the test build i've sent you) convert wallpaper files to .jpeg instead of .png, which decreases the file size so that it can be accepted by the system.
While the second sets the quality parameter for the system convertation.

ivan becerra

Posted: 08/30/2017 07:47:13

Yes, i did not install the .reg or the test build.

no steps at witchcraft ehhe. well i did cross my fingers when i restarted the computer. nothing more.

really? size? this images are quite crappy actually, uhmmm. would it be useful to you, for me to upload the 3 pictures i chose? so you could confirm?

thank you for your help anyways, i hope this issue stays away.

ivan becerra

Posted: 08/30/2017 07:49:19

cant chose more than one image?

ivan becerra

Posted: 08/30/2017 07:49:52

shalala lala la

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/31/2017 04:47:53

Ivan,

really? size? this images are quite crappy actually, uhmmm.

Combining pictures for each monitor into one single large picture for the whole desktop and converting it to .png is resulting in significant size increase.

would it be useful to you, for me to upload the 3 pictures i chose? so you could confirm?
The problem doesn't strictlty depend on the size of particular pictures used as individual desktop background, furthermore, the problem has been fixed, so there is no need to test particular pictures.

As for why the problem fixed by itself on your computer - probably, the system parameter, which influences the size of the final desktop wallpaper file in the system, somehow chaged.

Best regards.

Kevin Smith

Posted: 10/03/2023 18:37:43

ivan becerra wrote: i corrected the problem today or it may just be ... Witchcraft.

I know this is a very old thread, but for anyone who comes across it looking for a solution to all your monitors showing a black background instead of the picture(s) it is supposed to / was previously, I've just followed Ivan's steps exactly as written and it worked for me too.

I'm running Windows 10 Home 22H2 and AMM 8.15.

Now, I just need to remember what I was doing before that distraction. :-)

Todd

Posted: 10/13/2023 05:39:47

Kevin Smith wrote:
ivan becerra wrote: i corrected the problem today or it may just be ... Witchcraft.

I know this is a very old thread, but for anyone who comes across it looking for a solution to all your monitors showing a black background instead of the picture(s) it is supposed to / was previously, I've just followed Ivan's steps exactly as written and it worked for me too.

I'm running Windows 10 Home 22H2 and AMM 8.15.

Now, I just need to remember what I was doing before that distraction. :-)

I did similar with a bit less.  I use a directory for slideshows on two different monitors, that change at different times.  I removed the directory in AWM, applied, closed the program completely.  Set a Windows desktop with Personalize.  Re-started AVM and it had automatically added back my directory for some reason, but then it started working ... Soooooo, we'll see?

I still have issues with the Screensaver not kicking in after the allotted time frame, I could probably try the same method and see if it works for that one.

Good info, all around.  Thanks, folks.

Messages 11 - 18 of 18
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register