Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Grey taskbar , grey taskbar » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 18203

Kevin Hermenet

Posted: 08/20/2017 00:16:42

Hello,

Is there any way to fix the taskbar being in 2 colors. (Black and grey)
How can i make the grey part become one with the black.
I am on the latest AWM and Windows 10 update. 64 bit.

Gyazo

Thanks,
Kevin

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/20/2017 19:25:32

Hello, Kevin

Is there any way to fix the taskbar being in 2 colors. (Black and grey)
Actual Window Manager taskbar shouldn't look like it's depicted on your screenshot.

Does the taskbar always look like this in your system?

What exactly version of AWM are you running?

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

What visual theme are you using in Windows?

Kevin Hermenet

Posted: 08/21/2017 01:23:59

Dear Bogdan,

I just came back from a 3 week holiday. I just updated my windows 10 to the creators update.
With that I also updated AWM to the latest 8.11.1 version.

The taskbar wasnt like this before I went on holiday. When I wasnt on the Windows 10 creators update nor the latest AWM version. It was working fine back then.

My windows 10 creators update version is: 1703 (build 15063.540)
Running AWM 8.11.1

I am running the normal Windows 10 theme. I only change the background per monitor tru AWM.

If I disable the option: Replace normal win 10 taskbar with AWM taskbar, everything is back to fine. But then im running default win 10 taskbar which i dont want. When I turn AWM taskbar back on, its back to grey/black.

Thanks,
Kevin

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/22/2017 12:11:02

Kevin,

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Are you running any third party taskbar management software?

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

What version of AWM were you running before the update to 8.11.1? Could you install that version again and see whether the problem persists?

Best regards.

Kevin Hermenet

Posted: 08/23/2017 05:26:47

Hello Bogdan,

I am not running any third party taskbar management software.
Before my update to Windows 10 creators update and AWM update, I was running AWM 8.8.
I have already tried to install AWM 8.8, which came back with the same result of the black grey taskbar.

I think it has something to do with the new windows creators update.
As AWM 8.8 was fine before on the previous Windows 10 build, but not on the creators update build.
AWM latest 8.11.1 displays grey/black taskbar aswell.

The configurations file:
OneDrive

Thanks,
Kevin

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/25/2017 00:14:25

Kevin,

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Do you have this problem with AWM taskbar on all monitors or only on the primary monitor?

If I disable the option: Replace normal win 10 taskbar with AWM taskbar, everything is back to fine.
Could you send us a screenshot depicting how the taskbars normally looks in your system when the problem doesn't persist?

Kevin Hermenet

Posted: 08/25/2017 22:44:19

Hello Bogdan,

I have this problem with AWM taskbar on all monitors.
You can see the problem here persist on both monitors using AWM taskbar:
Gyazo 1

If the option ''Replace normal win 10 taskbar with AWM taskbar'' is disabled, it looks like this:
Gyazo 2
Where I get my default Windows 10 taskbar back on my main monitor only, and have no taskbar on all other monitors.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Hermenet

Posted: 08/27/2017 01:37:53

Dear Bogdan,

I decided to remove AWM, installing it on my PC downstairs and removing all the left over registry data. I then reinstalled it fresh on my PC, which resulted in the taskbar looking absolutely fine. I dont know what was the problem before, but seems to be fixed now.

Thanks,
Kevin

David Wolfe

Posted: 11/22/2018 00:18:47

Jumping in more than a year later.  I'm also seeing this same issue as Kevin did.  Just installed AWM from a download today so it's the current version as of 11/21/2018.  Same gray taskbar in the app icons section.  Black background on the start button and system tray.  This is a fresh install with no previous AWM version or alternate taskbar managers.  Win 10 Home build 1083.  Turning off the AMM taskbar returns the taskbar to a normal full black.

Any new ideas on what may be going on?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/26/2018 01:30:49

Hello, David

You've mentioned both AWM and AMM in your message. What exactly our product you're running – Actual Window Manager or Actual Multiple Monitors?

You're running 8.13.2 version of the program, right?

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Could you also send us screenshots of the Colors settings in Windows (Personalization > Colors), depicting all the settings of the section. You can make several screenshots and send them to uninstall@actualtools.com.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register