Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Actual Windows Manager not loading, error 1260 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11849

Kostas Magkos

Posted: 07/10/2017 12:03:31

Greetings Forum,

When a I try to load the Actual Windows Manager I get the following error (see attached image):

"Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted.

Error 1260: This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator."

Since I'm the system administrator, I know that this error is due to a software restriction policy blocking executables loading from %appdata% and %localappdata%.

In order to create an exception in the policy, could someone please give me the path that Actual Windows Manager is trying to load from?

Thank you in advance,
Kostas

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/13/2017 14:06:25

Hello, Kostas

could someone please give me the path that Actual Windows Manager is trying to load from?
Installation process creates two temporary folders in %temp% folder and puts files in them, but there are no constant paths to the folders, as their names are partially generated randomly each time. But the names of the files are somewhat constant. One temporary folder contains the executable file named <name>.tmp, where <name> is the name of the installation file (for example if the installation file has name aimsetup.exe then the temporary file has name aimsetup.tmp).
Other temporary folder contains the following files: innocallback.dll, affiliate.dll, utils.dll, _shfoldr.dll and _RegDLL.tmp.

So, if there is ability to exclude the files by their names, then try to exclude the executable .tmp file and if it's required the .dll files.

If there is no such ability, try to temporarily change location of the System Temp folder. Here's the article describing how to do this. The TEMP and TMP variables should be changed for the user that you run the Actual Windows Manager setup as.

Best regards.

Kostas Magkos

Posted: 07/13/2017 14:53:49

Hi Bogdan,

Thank you for your answer.

I' not blocking DLLs, neither TMP files. Actually, I've already installed AWM, the problem appears when I try to load it.

The weird thing is that Actual Windows Manager was working just fine for some time. The problem appeared when I added JAR files in the list of designated executables.

Does Actual Windows Manager use/run any JAR file (or any other file) from %appdata% or %localappdata%, when loading?

Regards,
Kostas

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/14/2017 16:42:43

Kostas,

Actual Window Manager doesn't use any JAR files. But it stores the configuration files in this folder:
%appdata%\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager

Could you try to enable the "Run the library from the installation folder" option (Configuration module > Options > General > Run the library from the installation folder) and see whether it solves the problem?

Best regards.

Kostas Magkos

Posted: 07/17/2017 13:47:29

Hi Bodgan,

Well, as it turned out, it was a really nasty coincidence!

Actual Windows Manager had downloaded an new version, waiting to be installed. The previous day I had added JAR files to the block list, so when I booted and AWM tried to update itself, I got the policy block message.

I've installed the new version (8.11) and everything is back to normal.

Best regards,
Kostas

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register