Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AMM Tile Button Issue » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8918

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 05/26/2017 01:19:56

UPDATE: I found that if I uncheck the "Program" option of the Target Window settings, the Tile Button icon moves to the correct spot - however I can never click on it.  It's like it's just drawn there, but not able to use it.  So definitely some bug.

I am using AMM v8.10.2 and believe have found an issue regarding moving the Tile Buttons for a specific window.  I use TechSmith's Snagit (v13.1.3) and the SnagIt Editor window has quite a few icons near the minimize, maximize, etc.  I only use and like to have the "Move To Window" button from AMM added in this area.  On this window, it's directly on top of the editor's minimize window button, so trying to move it to another screen simply minimizes it.  I have setup a "Specific Setting" for this window (see attached screenshot) and I cannot get the Tile Button to move horizontally.  I can move it for all windows, but I don't want do that - I want to find this particular window and move it just for this one.  Not sure if this is a bug or I'm doing something incorrect.

Thank you very much.

Nelson

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/26/2017 22:47:15

Hello, Nelson

the Tile Button icon moves to the correct spot - however I can never click on it. It's like it's just drawn there, but not able to use it. So definitely some bug.
This problem has been confirmed, we'll try to fix it and will post here when the problem is fixed.

About the initial problem described in this topic:
I cannot get the Tile Button to move horizontally.
I was unable to reproduce the problem using all three Target Window criteria (Window Class, Window Caption and Program). As you say you're able to move title buttons when disable the Program criterion, i suppose that the path to the execution file specified in the criterion field doesn't match the actual path to the execution file of the program that you use now. Probably, you created the settings for different version of Snagit earlier (the specified path says that it's for the portable version) and now it's obsolete. To make sure that the correct path is specified please use the Crosshair tool from the Target Window section - just drag it to the Snagit Editor window and release – all target criteria fields will be filled with correct values automatically.

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 05/27/2017 02:07:48

Probably, you created the settings for different version of Snagit earlier (the specified path says that it's for the portable version) and now it's obsolete. To make sure that the correct path is specified please use the Crosshair tool from the Target Window section - just drag it to the Snagit Editor window and release – all target criteria fields will be filled with correct values automatically

@Bogdan - thank you for your response.  I did use the Crosshair tool to get the Target Window class and used all the default values that it selected.  I then tried unchecking some in various ways to see if that helped (even using a substring for the window caption text match as that would be more appropriate), but nothing worked except when I finally unchecked the "Program Option" (path to the EXE).  Weird part is that the path is correct! and yes - I'm using a "portable" version of SnagIt which I created using VMWare ThinApp - but never created any rule for this before.

Anyhow, I did eventually get the "Move To Window" tile button moved, but just clicking on it didn't work, so if you resolve this issue it'll work.

Thank you again,
Nelson

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 07/12/2017 23:50:22

Anyhow, I did eventually get the "Move To Window" tile button moved, but just clicking on it didn't work, so if you resolve this issue it'll work.

This is still not working with the latest AMM v8.11.  Whenever I use TechSmith SnagIt program, the tile buttons appear in the SnagIt Editor windows, but they are useless as clicking on them does nothing.  Any update on getting AMM to work with this application?  Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Nelson

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/14/2017 17:01:09

Hello, Nelson

We weren't able to start fixing this problem yet. For now I can't tell when it's going to be fixed.

We'll try to fix it and will post here when the problem is fixed.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register