Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Issue running games w/ supersampling » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 13828

Andrew Dore

Posted: 05/21/2017 21:58:07

I'm currently using the Actual Multiple Monitors program with two monitors, one at 1920x1080 and the other at 1280x1024. When running games on the 1920x1080 display I don't have any issues, however trying to run them supersampled up to 2715x1527 does cause issues. When switching to that resolution it will pull all of my active windows from the second display back to the first, and doesn't put them back after alt-tabbing out of the game. For reference, I tested this on Dark Souls 2 (SOTFS version), Skyrim Special Edition and Borderlands 2, all with identical results.

Anyone else ever have this sort of issue? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/22/2017 15:47:34

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for the post!

Are you able to reproduce the behavior with Actual Multiple Monitors unloaded? If not, please specify how you enable the supersampled mode and provide us your configuration files (AMM -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support). Please also attach a link to the post to your message with configuration files.

Could you also check whether the behavior persists if you disable the Multi-monitor taskbar (AMM -> Multiple Monitors -> Taskbar -> Multi-monitor taskbar) or not?

Andrew Dore

Posted: 05/23/2017 14:26:20

Thank you for the reply. The behavior is exactly the same after completely unloading AMM, and also persists when running AMM with the Multi-monitor taskbar option disabled. I'm guessing that would make it a Windows issue?

EDIT: On the off-chance anyone else with the same issue sees this, a temporary workaround I've found is to set the desktop resolution to match the one you're using with your game. In my case it made everything look much smaller, so if your monitor is already small YMMV.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/25/2017 15:30:00

Hello, Andrew

The behavior is exactly the same after completely unloading AMM, and also persists when running AMM with the Multi-monitor taskbar option disabled. I'm guessing that would make it a Windows issue?
If the problem persists even when Actual Multiple Monitors is not launched, then it is not associated with Actual Multiple Monitors.

When switching to that resolution it will pull all of my active windows from the second display back to the first, and doesn't put them back after alt-tabbing out of the game.
For now you can return the windows to their places the following way: if you place them not manually but using the Default/Specific Settings of our program, then you can re-apply these settings to all windows by using the "Pause/Resume the program" actions combination (via the hotkey "Ctrl+Alt+Num-", but the hotkey needs to be enabled first OR via the Pause/Resume tray icon context menu items). After you do this, the windows will be placed in accordance with the settings again.

Could you also tell how exactly you enable the supersampled mode?

Best regards.

Andrew Dore

Posted: 05/28/2017 17:55:15

Sorry about the late reply here. If I recall correctly I used Nvidias GeForce Experience program and its "optimize settings" feature on one of my games, which suggested 2715x1527 and added it as an option from within the games own settings menu.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register