New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 21
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Actual Windows Manager 8.10.2 Screen problem fullscreen , Most programs on fullscreen gets cut off on the borders » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 105893

Kevin Hermenet

Posted: 06/06/2017 09:09:31

Hello Bogdan,

Im sorry. I misunderstood ur question about dpi. I though u were talking about mouse sensitivity dpi for some odd reason. Checking this website: https://www.sven.de/dpi/ returns that my main monitor is running 1920 x 1080 24 inch full hd on 144hz with 91.79 dpi/ppi according to this website Gyazo 1

My 2nd monitor is running 1920 x 1080 23 inch full hd on 60hz with 95.78 dpi/ppi according to the website again Gyazo 2

I have both monitors scaled to 175% Gyazo 3
Monitor 3 is my tv which I only have connected when I watch a movie. This isnt related to any problem ive described.

Still on Actual Window Manager on 10.8.2, I enabled the Tabbed Explorer feature. Without even restarting my pc, the glitch/bug instantly happened on my main monitor after I opened an explorer tab and maximized it. See picture Gyazo 4. After turning it back off again, the problem is gone and fixed. So the problem for this bug/glitch is somewhere in the code of the Group Explorer tab feature.

About the problem with action center notifications. It most of the times shows the same number 52.952. Sometimes it does change to 4 when I click on it or when I restart my system. It never shows any other number besides those two.

When I disabled main monitor Actual Window Manager taskbar and got the default Windows OS main monitor taskbar, all the numbers were gone in the action center. The default Windows OS action center showed that I have 0 notifications as I really did have 0 notifications. See pictures:
Gyazo 5
Gyazo 6

After re-enabling Actual Windows Manager taskbar on all monitors, I sent myself an email. After the email came in, Actual Window Manager notification went from 52.952 to 4, despite me only having 1 email notification. See pictures:
Gyazo 7
Gyazo 8

The Actual Window Manager action center icon look like this when the problem occurs:
Gyazo 9
Gyazo 10

Thanks,
Kevin

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/10/2017 08:12:04

Kevin,

By DPI settings i meant this option:
I have both monitors scaled to 175%

Are you sure it's 175% for all your monitors?

What is your graphics card and what is the version of the graphics card driver?

Best regards.

Kevin Hermenet

Posted: 06/10/2017 12:06:21

Hello Bogdan,

Where can I check if its set for all monitors on 175%? I assume its for all since it says it underneath the display/monitor settings. When I click each monitor, it still says 175% underneath.

See pictures in duplicate monitor 1&3 and extend monitor 2 mode:
Gyazo 1
Gyazo 2

And Pictures having all monitors on extend mode:
Gyazo 3
Gyazo 4
Gyazo 5

I have a Nvidia Asus Geforce GTX 970 strix OC. The version of my gpu driver is 382.53. Which got released/updated today.

Also, do u have any new information about the group explorer bug/glitch and the notification number bug/glitch?

Thanks,
Kevin

Mark Bolton

Posted: 06/10/2017 22:48:22

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, gentlemen

Do you have any third-party desktop enhancement or system enhancement software installed?

The only third-party software that I am running that affects graphics is (a) DisplayLink, which is how I found Actual in the first place as it came bundled with the DisplayLink software I set up for another employee.  I liked it so I tested and bought it for my system as well.

What are your DPI settings in the system?

I am running 96 DPI, or "Smaller - 100%"

Mark,

Does this problem also persist only on the primary monitor in your case?

No, I saw this problem on both my main monitor (middle) and my right monitor.  I might have seen it on my left monitor, too, but I don't remember right now.  The middle and the right for sure, however.

Disabling "Group Explorer windows within tabbed containers" did not resolve my issue.
Could you install Actual Window Manager 8.10.2 again, make sure that the problem persists with the "Group Explorer windows..." feature enabled, then disable this feature, restart the system and see whether the issue still persists. Let us know the results.

Uninstalling and reinstalling is not an option, I just don't have time to go through this process right now.

Could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files when the 8.10.2 version is installed using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

I tried.  I had actually done this when I first started reading this thread but didn't send it.  By the time I found the open window again, I had already uninstalled 8.10.2 and when I tried to send it, it failed so I just canceled it.  Now that I have 8.9.2 back on, it isn't happening anymore.

Maybe I will try to reinstall 8.10.2 next week when things settle down.

Thanks,
Mark

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/14/2017 23:00:20

Gentlemen,

Could you specify what interfaces you use to connect the monitors to the computers (HDMI, DVI etc)? Do you use USB video adapters or docking stations?

Also, specify in that list the monitors you're sure you have noticed this problem on.

Kevin Hermenet

Posted: 06/15/2017 23:36:29

Hello Bogdan,

I only happen to experience the group explorer tab feature glitch/bug on my main monitor. My main monitor is the one picked/ticked as main monitor under display settings. Its running through DVI-D Dual link. All other monitors dont have this problem.

For the notifications numbers glitch/bug, this happens on every AWM monitor taskbar. On my main monitor running DVI-D Dual Link, 2nd monitor running through HDMI and also 3rd monitor/tv running through hdmi.

I am not running any USB Video adapters or docking stations.

Thanks,
Kevin

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/22/2017 22:29:21

Hello, gentlemen

Mark, what graphics card do you use and what is the version of the graphics card driver?

Mark Bolton

Posted: 07/04/2017 22:46:39

Sorry for the delay, Bogdan, but I uninstalled that version because I didn't have time to keep addressing the issue.  I am all for feedback to better the product, however, so here are the answers to your questions:

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, gentlemen

Mark, what graphics card do you use and what is the version of the graphics card driver?

NVIDIA Quadro K2200M v340.75, Driver version:  9.18.13.4075
In Device Manager, I show an additional display driver, too:  Intel HD Graphics 4600.  Not sure if that is the DisplayLink showing up or what, to be honest.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Gentlemen,

Could you specify what interfaces you use to connect the monitors to the computers (HDMI, DVI etc)? Do you use USB video adapters or docking stations?

I run the Dell DisplayLink dock.  My middle (#2, Primary) and right monitor (#3) are connected via HDMI to the DisplayLink and the left monitor (#1) is connected via Mini DP.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Also, specify in that list the monitors you're sure you have noticed this problem on.

I KNOW I have seen it on the middle and right monitors, but I cannot remember if I ever saw it on the left.  I didn't see it for very long, it was too much of a problem so I addressed it by finding this thread, trying some of the suggestions above and ultimately uninstalled it and reinstalled the previous version.

I will be doing a clean install of Windows 10 on this machine in the next few days.  I will upgrade to the latest release and come back here to report my findings.

Kevin Hermenet

Posted: 07/16/2017 02:58:15

Hello Bogdan,

Any update on these 2 problems?

Thanks,
Kevin

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/21/2017 16:42:51

Hello, gentlemen

Sorry for the delay.

Kevin,

Are you running NVIDIA nView Desktop Management software? If yes, then what features of it are you using? Could you first try to disable the features and then whole nView software and see whether it's possible to reproduce the problem?

Could you also make other monitor main and see, whether the problem appears on any monitor in this case and on what monitor it appears?

Could you also see whether the "Launch folder windows in a separate process" option is enabled (while in File Explorer, click on the View tab > click on Options in the left part of ribbon > go to View section of the Folder Options window > find the "Launch folder windows in a separate process" option in the list), change it and see whether it influences the problem?

Are you still running this version: Windows 10 64 bit version 1511 (Build 10586.916)?

What version of AWM are you running now?

Mark,

Have you tried to install the latest version?

Are you sure the problem is exactly the same as described by Kevin? Are you also able to bring the desktop context menu from the areas that have been cut off from a maximized window?

Are you running NVIDIA nView Desktop Management software? If yes, then what features of it are you using? Could you first try to disable the features and then whole nView software and see whether it's possible to reproduce the problem?

Messages 11 - 20 of 21
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register